Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error! Please repair or reinstall the program with Inventor Fusion 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
HaroldSJS
2142 Views, 1 Reply

Runtime Error! Please repair or reinstall the program with Inventor Fusion 2013

I am working on a computer which has a new install of Inventor Fusion 2013. When I start the program I get the following error.

Runtime Error! Please repair or reinstall the program.

We’re sorry, there was an error while initializing the graphics subsystem. This is likely due to one or more of the following: your graphics driver is not configured for "True Color", there was a problem installing the application, the application installation was damaged, or some other problem with the graphics hardware and drivers or the configuration of the application. More detailed information may be included below.

I check of the box on the lower left corner that says to use "software rendering", and I restart Inventor Fusion 2013. That has no impact on starting the software.

I am running Windows XP Professional Version 2002, with SP3. I have 2.5 GB RAM, and I am using a box with a Pentium 4 processor. AutoCAD 2013 works fine. My display adapter is a NVIDIA Quadro NVS with AGP8X (I have no idea what all that means!).

I am thinking that my display adapter might not be up to the task of running a 3D program like Inventor Fusion 2013.

If I have to reinstall the program, can I just reinstall Inventor Fusion 2013, with out reinstalling AutoCAD 2013? Do I have to go through the registration process a second time?

Can anyone offer a solution for this problem? Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: HaroldSJS

Your AGP adapter will not be up to the task of running Inventor. Check your display settings, They should be set to True Color.

Check here for system requirements: http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-inventor/system-requirements/

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums