Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running force analysis on a complex shape in Inventor 2013.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bahorton
527 Views, 7 Replies

Running force analysis on a complex shape in Inventor 2013.

Is it possible to run force analysis on my part in Inventor? I have used the force analysis before, but never for something so complex in shape. My  main issues are constraining the base of the part and applying forces. I tried thickening sections of the part in order to apply a force/constraint, but now Inventor won't recognize the thickened parts as connected to the main body. If anyone could help me with this, I would much appreciate it.

On a side note, it won't let me attach my file, which is 122 MB. Is it too large?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: bahorton

@bahorton wrote:

I tried thickening sections of the part.....

Get rid of these features.
Post screen shot of the part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
bahorton
in reply to: JDMather

Here is the part.

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

Use the Split tool (with appropiate 2D sketches) to split the faces for applying constraints and loads.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
bahorton
in reply to: JDMather

Actually, I just realized one reason why Inventor won't run force analysis (this "part" is really just a surface), and it could also explain my lack of any real faces. Is there a way I convert this surface to a solid in Inventor?

Message 6 of 8
LT.Rusty

Stitch and / or Sculpt.

BTW, how did you even model that in Inventor?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
bahorton
in reply to: LT.Rusty

I didn't, that came to me as an STL file, and I used Mesh enabler to make it into a surface. That STL file was made with something akin to an MRI.
Message 8 of 8
LT.Rusty

Thank Cthulhu. I thought I was going to have to bow down before you if you'd made it in Inventor. 🙂

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report