Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runner System in mold

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
250 Views, 2 Replies

Runner System in mold

I just began the TOOLING tutorials for Inventor 2014. My O/S is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. In the general mold workflow section of the tutorials, I am trying to SKETCH THE RUNNER SYSTEM. I have followed each instruction up to this point precisely and everything looks good. But, now when I reach this part, it says to click manual sketch, which I did. Now, I am supposed to select the planar runoff surface as shown in the following image. The problem is, no runoff surface is visible. I created the runoff surface as per instructions earlier in the tutorial. Why doesn't the runoff surface appear like it should? I have also finished specifying the gate location. Thanks for any assistance afforded!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Attach your screen shot

and

include the exact url of the tutorial step where you are experiencing difficulty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The solution was to exit the core and cavity window. After exiting, everything worked fine. I don't know why this step was omitted in the tutorial. Thanks for your reply!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report