Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubber Sleeve

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tylervanbrocklin
1559 Views, 8 Replies

Rubber Sleeve

I wanted too add a rubber sleeve onto a device I made. The sleeve would be adjustable to the size of the pole. How do I make this flexable rubber sleeve knowing the distance it can stretch?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: tylervanbrocklin

Sounds like you want a Adaptive part.

Attach your file here of what you have completed so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
IgorMir

I have sorted this task out by using iParts. One child shows concertina cover in retracted state, another one - in retracted. Originally I tried to use Positional representation, adaptivity, etc - but to no avail. So, if you don't want to see your cover expanding/contracting dynamically - try iParts.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 4 of 9
tylervanbrocklin
in reply to: JDMather

Here's the part. The rubber sleeve will somehow attach to the flat upper part of the device. I plan on having the sleeve be 4in long.

Message 5 of 9
JDMather

Deep flat bottom holes are difficult do manufacture, could you use a standard drill instead?

Have you started on the sleeve, or is this part the sleeve?  I'm having trouble understanding your design intent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
tylervanbrocklin
in reply to: JDMather

I'm actually thinking a flexible fabric would be better. And it would be detachable to be washed and so on. I drew a quick picture to illustrate what I'm trying to do. I have not started on the sleeve and am trying to figure out how it will attach.

example.png

Message 7 of 9

Anyone please?

So I've definately decided on using a flexible fabric for the material of the sleeve. Should I just design the part in which the fabric attaches too? I mean is there a program that you can work on fabrics with?

Message 8 of 9
IgorMir

I think it makes little difference, really. If you remember - I have sent couple of images of the concertina cover I designed. There is a video on my site where you can see, how that cover looks and works in real life.

Here is a link for your convenience:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIRI7YML7_0&list=LLyw-CePHGf6Do65x6JPKkWg&feature=mh_lolz

Best Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 9 of 9
tylervanbrocklin
in reply to: IgorMir

Very cool! And sounds good! I will look into this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report