Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routed systems: How to choose a different material when creating a piping style?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
JDvV
206 Views, 0 Replies

Routed systems: How to choose a different material when creating a piping style?

Hello Everyone,

I have created pipe and elbow families with a lot of different materials in the table. The tables look something like this:

pipe/elbow 1/2"-10" with material A ; pipe/elbow 1/2"-10" with material B; etc.

The problem is the following:

When I create a new piping style I don't know how to choose the material. There's an option to choose a material and then press the filter button. But this only shows pipe/elbow families that have this material in them. This does not select the material. Because when I create a pipe run with the selected pipe and elbow it always shows the first material in the family table, material A.

this is a pretty big problem for us. I don't want to create all separate pipe and elbow families for each material. A colleague contacted our software supplier and they told us that the only option is to create separate families.

I hope someone of you has a better solution for this.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report