Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating features in a part

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BillMazza
259 Views, 4 Replies

Rotating features in a part

I am still new to Inventor, and I have a quick question, does Inventor have a tool similar to '3D Rotate' in AutoCAD?

I have a conveyor i'm trying to build, where the rollers need to be angled at 45degrees towards the center of the conveyor from the side frames.

I have my parameters in place, size of the rollers on the conveyors set as parameters, I pretty much have what I need, but I can't get the rollers themselves to angle, they're still perpendicular to the side frame.

Do I really need to create a 'Work plane' and build the roller that way? Is there a quicker way?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: BillMazza
Message 3 of 5
BillMazza
in reply to: cbenner

Features in a part. I am drawing a conveyor, a gravity slide where the rollers are angled towards the center of the conveyor.

I am using Inventor 2012.

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: BillMazza

A conveyor should be an assembly (assemblies are made of parts)... A roller is a part (well it could be an assembly too with the roller/bearings,etc..). And even a bearing is an assembly if you want to go into that detail or actually make the bearings yourself)

Inventor follows/should follow real life.. Your conveyors are not 1 single part are they? So don't model them as one.

Now I'm assuming since you said you are new you know nothing of multibody part workflow so lets keep it that way for now and model parts as parts and then put them together to create assemblies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
BillMazza
in reply to: mcgyvr

We have factory design suite, the conveyors that come standard as part of the package, are modeled as parts, with parameters that can be modified, so all the legs, sideframe, and rollers, are part of the same part. and we are inserting these conveyor parts, as a whole, into an assembly, so basically, I just want to do the same thing with this herringbone conveyor that I'm making.

I want the angle, diameter, and spacing of the rollers to be user defined, which I can do, I just can't get the thing to be at an angle from the sideframe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report