Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Mouse Click goes away in 2012

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
shastu
4979 Views, 13 Replies

Right Mouse Click goes away in 2012

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I am having problems with my RMC button not working.  I have been told that it might be a graphics card problem.  When it happens, if I change the window size smaller, and I usually can find the right size of window so that it will come back and works fine, but if I maximize it again it doesn't work.  So I am not convinced it is a graphics card problem.  My card is, however, fairly old.  I have a NVIDIA Quadro FX 550.  If there is anyone else out there with that same Graphics card and doesn't see this please let me know for it would disproove that theory.  Also, just for information, if I change back to the "old" right mouse click menu, I don't see this problem at all.  I have attached a video to watch.  It is kind of hard to tell when I am actually clicking the right mouse button except you can see each time I do, the mouse pointer changes size.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: shastu

I think we should start to track the number of users that have Quadro video cards and have reported graphics issues.. I bet its quite a lot. Seems like 90% of the people having issues lately have Quadro cards. Suckers Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 14
shastu
in reply to: mcgyvr

What do you recommend?

Message 4 of 14
mcgyvr

@shastu wrote:

What do you recommend?

A good gaming card with 1G or more video ram onboard.

Quadro cards were the choice a few years ago when you had to have OpenGL.. Now with the move to directX I wouldn't touch one.

I'm not saying that is your problem though..But it could be.. Try switching to software graphics and see if it works.. That can supposedly rule out a graphics card issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 14
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

There was a couple of Microsoft updates earlier this week. Possible system re-boot might fix the issue. I might try re-installing the mouse drivers, or checking if there is a newer release.

I haven't run across any issues with my work machine or my home Dell 690 with a Quadro 3800 card.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 14
shastu

I changed the Hardware to use the software graphics.  Then I had other troubles and had to do a Check disk and defragmented my hard drive.  Then I opened Inventor and could not reproduce the problem which I could before quite easily.  So then I unchecked the Software graphics, closed Inventor and re-opened and now I still can't reproduce the problem.  So I am not sure what exactly seemed to have fixed it, and only time will tell if I run into the problem again.

Message 7 of 14
daltec2

I have the same problem. After 5 - 10 minutes in 2012 my right click functinality disapears. I get it back after a reboot though.

I have the latest gfx driver.

This work computer Quatro FX3700 card.

I tried to change the gfx settings in inventor with no result

Running Inventor 2012 from Product Design suite Premium 2012

Dont have any problem on my own computer at home.

Windows 7 64 bit

3.4 GHz. AMD Phenom II X4, 965 [ Black Edition ], 4x512 KB (L2 cache) + 6 MB (L3 cache)

8 GB DDR3, PC3-10600 Kit (4x2 GB moduler)

64 GB Turbo SSD Harddisk (Inventor installed on this disk)

and a 1 TB - 7200 RPM, 32MB memory buffer, NoiseGuard™ and SilentSeek™. for the data.

AMD HD 6870 with 1 GB DDR5.

Runs perfect

Message 8 of 14
blair

Check your "Device Manager" in your main system control panel. Possible look for any conflicts. The other thing I might do, is power down your system, remove and re-seat all components such as memory boards and graphic cards. Also look at trying your mouse (if USB into a different port).

While you have your system opened up, it might also be a good time to blow out any dust and give it a good clean-up.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 14
shastu
in reply to: blair

Just thought everyone would like to know that I have fixed the marking menu right click problem twice now by doing a Check Disk on my hard drive with the “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” both checked. It does not however, fix the select other problem.  I had the marking menus back, but still no "select other" menu so I did a re-install and after I did that both did not work again.  So since the check disk of my hard drive seemed to have fixed it the first time, even though I did it for a different reason, I decided to try it again and it fixed it again.  I just wish I could figure out something for the "select other" menu now.

Message 10 of 14
sterlingpe

I'm having the same problem with the RMC. The right click then drag quick menu still works, but doesnt show any of the options, I just have to know which direction to move the mouse (whick I don't). This makes me believe it is not a mouse driver issue, but a Inventor/Graphics Driver issue. RMC in the tree also doesn't work. However, adjusting the window size has no effect.

I am running a Quadro FX1800 with Inventor certified driver 265.70 on Windows 7 32-bit.

Changing the Graphics Settings doesn't help, nor does using software graphics. I plan to try a different driver

Message 11 of 14
sterlingpe

I reinstalled the Inventor 2011 Certified driver 197.03, and it seems to have fixed the problem so far. This driver isn't certified for Autocad 2011, let alone my 2012 suite, so hopefully it doesnt cause more issues. Will post back if problem returns. OP, have you tried installing any other drivers, certified or otherwise?

Mike

Message 12 of 14
pal777

I lost right mouse click menu functionality with Inventor 2012 when I installed the 3 Gb switch on my XP Pro 32 bit machine.  When I removed the switch, I recovered the right click menu.  Unfortunately, I lost the 3 Gb too, which I really need – 2 GB is just not enough these days.  AutoDesk does make it clear they don't support the 3 GB switch, and now I know why.  Probably the larger fact is that the PC CAD world is transitioning to 64 bit. 

Message 13 of 14
gandalf_returns

I am also using the Quadro video card and experiencing this problem.  I have noticed what triggers it for me - the measure tool.  When I try to "select other" on cylindrical parts, ie an axis instead of a perimeter, I am unable to do so - and right mouse button functionality disappears.  Exiting the software and restarting brings the mouse button back until I try to measure again.

Message 14 of 14
blair
in reply to: gandalf_returns

Use something like 2800 for the variable in the 3Gb Switch line. I have attached a document that should help with the Variable element/statement.

IV nolonger uses Autodesk certified drivers, but Microsoft certified drivers. Latest Nvidia driver is well into the 270/280 for drivers. There is great documentation on the Autodesk website about this.

Update your mouse drivers as well, running older mouse drivers has caused problems for others.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report