Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revistion Table Does Not Increment Correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
m.granata
322 Views, 3 Replies

Revistion Table Does Not Increment Correctly

Hello,

I am Using Inventor 2013.  Every time I add another revision row to a revision table the revision level does not increment by one digit.  The automated results I get usually follow this sequence:  1-3-6-12-24... and if I edit, for example, revision level entry 3 to revision level entry 2 as it should be I then get this sequence:  1-2-4-8-16...

This revision level issue has occurred only in Inventor 2013 before and after the current service pack was installed.  Anybody have any thoughts as to why this occurs?

Regards,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: m.granata

Does this happen on all drawings, or just a particular one?

I added a revision line on a drawing today with no problem.

Can you post files so I can see if it happens here?

Message 3 of 4
m.granata

Yes it happens on all idw drawings.  Although, I haven't tried starting with a different idw template.  Maybe, it is something related to the template I am starting with?  Sorry, I don't feel comfortable enough uploading a client's drawing to the discussion group.

Regards,

Mike

Message 4 of 4
AndyWallace

I have seen odd behavior also, usually with Inventor bumping the next rev +2 instead of +1. I think I have seen it work correctly on some drawings but most of the time the rev will be incorrect and I have to manually edit it.

Andy Wallace
Autodesk Inventor (2016) (3 years)
previously Solidworks (6 years)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report