Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Table, Today's Date Property

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2135 Views, 6 Replies

Revision Table, Today's Date Property

I'm trying to format our Revision table to use Today's date. So that when someone creates a .idw, the date corresponding to Rev 1 is the day that it was created. Later, if someone revises the drawing, and adds a revision row, then the date that the revision row was added will be in the Rev 2 row.

Seems pretty straightforward right? I've formatted the Revision Table to use the property "TODAY'S DATE" and use the heading DATE. However, the DATE column is blank for the first revision and any added revision rows, so I have to go in and manually enter the date. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also, I'm running Autodesk 2012 on 64 bit Windows 7. Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,  Are you using the default revision table, or one you have made yourself?

Because the default table's date changes when you add a revision, well at least mine does.

Cheers

Al

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I have created a custom table, but I want to keep the date functionality that you're seeing. The default table date field works for me too, but when I use that property in our custom table it gets 'stuck' showing the created date...

Message 6 of 7
dan_inv09

I can't speak directly to your experience (we were waiting to upgrade to 2011 until everyone had new workstations, the second one just came in this week) but wouldn't "Today's Date" just change every time you opened the drawing?

We're going to start using Inventor's revision table instead of our old system, so I'm trying to poke around here and see what are all the problems we can expect.

Today I just discovered that the first revision takes its text from the "Comments" field or the drawing's iProperties. I always wondered why the revision turned blue when you started typing. Where was the text for rev.2 supposed to go? The team that developed the revision table must not have thought very far ahead. I picture a big board room with a cigar smoking CEO saying, "Okay revision table group, what've you got?" "Well, you click here and then" "Okay good enough, next group!" But then again, I guess most people aren't making revisions on drawings from the 30's. Heck some of our old "pencil" drawings have revision blocks almost as big as the rest of the drawing.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Can you post a blank idw with your revision table then I can look at the problem in more detail.

Cheers

Al

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report