Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Table Help?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
148 Views, 1 Reply

Revision Table Help?

When using the revision table with the rav tags, I have trouble. With AutoCad, you make revision 1 (one) and palce your tag with a number one in it and fill in the info on the table. Then when it comes to Rev 2. you throw in a new tag with the number 2 in it and add to the table under number two and the table shows the history in sequential numbers (or letters) and you can look back to earlier revisions. Also the tags would retain the old number so the drawing may have several tags with different numbers.
With Inventor (I'm running IV7 SP1) the tags all default to the same number, change one- they all change. The table is convieniently linked to this, but when I added a line the tags all reverted to rev 1, but I am now on rev 2. I changed the tags to 2, and the table now says rev 2 ON BOTH LINES. Not much of a History if they all have the same number.
Am I doing something wrong or is this an underdeveloped feature? Thanks Matt-Aeromet Industries Inc.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

sounds like a bug.

--
Dave Jacquemotte
Automation Designer
www.autoconcorp.com

"surly" wrote in message
news:f17c57c.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> When using the revision table with the rav tags, I have trouble. With AutoCad,
you make revision 1 (one) and palce your tag with a number one in it and fill in
the info on the...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report