Inventor General

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 1 of 3 (357 Views)
Accepted Solution

Reversing Weld Assembly??

357 Views, 2 Replies
04-06-2012 07:16 AM

I have an assembly that I thought in the beginning of its creation I thought I would be able to add welds to it.

I wasn't successful which is not the issue, but rather since I have NO welds on this, and this assembly shows as a weld model, is there a way to reverse this?  I need to add an assembly cut to this model and it is not allowing me due to this.

Thanks

Scott

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 3 (348 Views)

Re: Reversing Weld Assembly??

04-06-2012 07:40 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Cadmanto, 

For some reason Autodesk has not provided a way to revert back to an regular assembly once it has been converted to a weldment. There are 2 workarounds that I've used in the past:

1) Leave it as weldment assembly and just use the Preperations or the Machining tools to add the assembly features, and just don't add weld information.

2) Place the weldment in a new assembly, and promote all of the components up to the top level and then delete the weldment assembly. Then simply save the new assembly as the correct part number.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 3 of 3 (343 Views)

Re: Reversing Weld Assembly??

04-06-2012 07:50 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks Curtis,

I think Autodesk should seriously take a look at this and make a way to reverse this.

I went for option #1.  That worked fine.  Thanks for jogging my memory.  I forgot about that little tool.  :smileyhappy:

Option #2 I would think would give me grief when it comes to vault and the duplicate file name thing.

I know it would be a new file, but my expierence to this point would tell me that vault would detect a difference

and throw this message back to me not allowing the checking in of the file.

Thanks again

Scott

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube