Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rev Table Defaults: Alpha indexing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
886 Views, 10 Replies

Rev Table Defaults: Alpha indexing

Anyone know of somewhere to set the default for the revsion table to be alpha indexing instead of numeric?  I've looked through the style editor and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
AlisonDavis
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see an option in the Revision Table Style either.  You could place a Revision Table in your drawing template that has alpha indexing.

BTW, since you are using alpha indexing, you may want to note that the Standard Style (see the General Page) controls what characters are excuded in your indexing.

Regards,

Alison Davis

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: AlisonDavis

I have found the excluded characters previously but thanks for the reminder.

Placing a revision table in the template does not solve the issue.  A revision is added after the drawing is already done and a change needs to be made so a template has already been selected at this point (maybe weeks or months earlier).

I thought I saw the option might be available in Invetor 2011 (as I am using Inventor 2010).  Is there a way to add a library to the VB editor to include this property?

Message 4 of 11
AlisonDavis

Sorry, I don't see a style option for this in Inventor 2011 either.  I'm not familiar with the API for revision tables.  Perhaps you could post a question on the Autodesk Inventor Customization discussion group.

Regards,

Alison Davis

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: AlisonDavis

I already have as I actually am creating a macro to do this all automatically.  I was hoping to tap into both knowledge bases to find a quick solution as we want to implement our complete standards revamp this week.

Message 6 of 11
msklein

In past versions the option for alpha or number only came up in the initial revision box setup.

msk

hope this helps

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: msklein

I can't say it really helps as it isn't what I want to hear, haha, but it is good to get the feedback from others that I'm not missing any options somewhere.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
cwhetten

When I place a new revision table into a drawing, the Revision Table dialog offers an alpha indexing option.  Is this what you are looking for?  See attached.

-cwhetten

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: cwhetten

Yes that is what I'm talking about but I'm looking for an option that sets that "alpha" choice as the default for the application/template/something.  I am using a macro to insert a revision table and the default is numeric but our company standard is alpha.  My goal is to insert a revision table with a macro coded in VBA that has "alpha" indexing (which is turning out to be much more difficult than it probably should be).

Message 10 of 11
cwhetten

Oh.  I see.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken the time to learn VBA so I can't really help.  Sorry.

-cwhetten

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: msklein

"In past versions the option for alpha or number only came up in the initial revision box setup."

Is there any work around for this?  I am working on drawings that are transitioning from an R&D program (which uses alpha revisions) to production (which uses numeric revisons).  I have tried to delete and reinsert the revision block.  The part of the dialog box where this is selectable is greyed out.

2 possible work arounds identified so far:  1, manually enter each new revision, forever into the future or 2, use sheet revisions with a lot of possible unintended consequences.  I am hoping for a better solution...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report