Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve part from Content Center with Iproperties

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rick
163 Views, 4 Replies

Retrieve part from Content Center with Iproperties

How do I get the iproperties to come with the part out of Content Center?

Objective:

Get a screw (or any part) from Content Center with its’ iproperties. Save a copy of the screw. Modify the screw slightly to match my new part and modify the P/N associated with screw to match my new desired screw. Re-save and publish to the Content Center as a new part.

Example:

I pick a screw from content center. I am prompted for the size and length before inserting into my assembly. Now I have the screw I want, but it has no iproperties – I mean if I was to save a copy of this screw no iproperties would be existent for editing.

How can I get the part or screw from content center with it iproperties so that I can modify the screws physical properties and iproperties and resave as a different P/N?

Thanks,
Rick
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rick

Rick,

I would recomend you
1. Using ADMS console create new read/write library
2. In Inventor launch CC Editor and copy family you want to modify P/N for
to your new read/write library
3. Still in CC Editor open family table for just copied family, madify P/N
4. Close CC Editor and place from CC in assembly. Member you insert have
modified P/N
Message 3 of 5
warrentdo

If you have added new column for properties then you must reload the family template with the same properties in to cc editor. I think that what you do as i have managed to get the thing working. I struggled to find any tips on editing CC part to reuse in routed. Just hoping someone can help.
Regards
Warren
Message 4 of 5
miluse.latalova

Hello Warren,

You don't need to publish the part file with your properties in order to have the required properties in that file when you place it from CC.
After you copy the family into your R/W library, open family table and via Column Properties map required columns to required properties. If the family does not contain a value that you would like to see as a property, add a new column and fill values for each member (part size) and then map to the property. If you want to have the value in a custom property, in the Column Properties dialog select mapping to Custom and enter a name of the custom property. When the part is being placed from CC, the custom property is created.

Regards,
Mila
Message 5 of 5
warrentdo

Brilliant, i have read that it didnt work doing that, ive tried your way and it does. Thankyou.
Regards
Warren.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report