Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve model dimensions on a weldment assembly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
PACDrafting
729 Views, 8 Replies

Retrieve model dimensions on a weldment assembly

Has this been enabled in 2012??? http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Retrieving-Dimensions-in-a-Weldment/m-p/2358482#M318...

If not, the radar needs fixing asap.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi Paul,

I do agree with you that this a long standing wishlist from some of our customers. It hasn't been added to 2012. However I am currently discussing with our developers for prioritizing this for future enhancement.

I will keep you posted, if i hear any new updates on this. Do let me know, if you have any concerns.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 9

Hi Vinod

It is actually fixed for 2012.

Are you aware of a hotfix for 2011?

Thanks

Paul.

Message 4 of 9

Hi Paul,

I think we are missing something here. Let me check and call you to discuss more on this.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 9

Ok thanks.

Main issue is retrieving dimensions from a weldment preparation.

Works in 2012 but not 2011.

Message 6 of 9

Hi Paul,

I tried checking in 2011 & 2012. I could able to see the option for Weld annotations. Please check the attached screenshot and let me know whether you are referring to this.

If not, please provide me a screenshot and some detailed steps for me to understand the issue better.

Looking forward to your reply.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 9

Hi Vinod

Weld annotations are fine.

Just when "Retrieving Dimensions" is the issue.

See pics below: before apply and after apply.

Note: the hole diameters and dimensions to the holes dissappear. These holes were built into the preparations function in the weldment assembly. This works fine on 2012 but not 2011.

Thanks

Paul

Retrieve Dims 1.png

Retrieve Dims 2.png

Message 8 of 9

Hi Paul,

Can you provide us the model and your drawing file for further testing at our end. If you want me to provide an FTP location for the confidentiality of the data. Please do let me know.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 9 of 9

Hi Vinod

See attached test files.

Note: There is a solid body part file with 2 solids. The make component tool was used to generate 2 parts and inserted into a weldment assembly. When trying to retrieve dimensions from the preparation features it dissappears after apply.

Regards

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report