Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retracting fillets

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
carbonated
431 Views, 5 Replies

Retracting fillets

When I am adding blends or fillets to a 3D model, sometimes after picking a few edges I will inadvertently select a wrong edge. Can I deselect the edge and resume selecting edges for the fillets or do I have to start over from the beginning?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: carbonated

Hold down the Shift or Ctrl key and select the edge again to de-select.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

after completing the module you can change the radius or edges by select or unselect the edges for fillet go to edit future do the changes in dialogue box
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Is there another way to retract fillets?  I've tried the ctrl, shift, and both at once.  None of those key selections did nothing with my 3D drawing.  Is there something I could do in my settings to adjust this?

Message 5 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Attach your file here.

There is another (trivially simple) method - but I am reluctant to mention it without first seeing your ipt file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
dan_inv09
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have multiple sets of fillets within one feature?

You have to select the correct set of fillets to remove from.

The set of fillets you are working with will highlight a slightly different color.

In the attached I can add to or deselect the ones with a L_BoreRad radius but I would not be able to deselect the one with the M_Rad radius.

(If you are using the goofy junk to the top of that picture you are on your own it only gets in my way, I'll hold off on ranting about Autodesk changing for change's sake later.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report