Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining Rings (circlips) but no grooved pins in Content Center

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Bill.Schmid
933 Views, 5 Replies

Retaining Rings (circlips) but no grooved pins in Content Center

I've been looking through the content center and related help entries.  I found E-clips, but I can't seem to find the grooved pins that they would attach to.  Yes, I can create my own, but it seems like a silly ommision, like nuts without bolts.  Are they there or not?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

...and they've got cross-drilled pins to go with the cotter pins, so why not grooved pins to go with the E-clips?

Message 3 of 6
c.richardson
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Hello Autodesk administrators. Did Bill's request below ever get anywhere as l see there has been no update to his original posting from ‎12-29-2011 which is just over 7 years ago? I too have a requirement for stainless steel A1 DIN 1473/ISO 8740 grooved pins but alas they are not part of the Content Center: can they please be added? If we are now 'lessees' of our Autodesk packages is it not up to our 'lessors/landlords' to keep us current with standard parts libarary additions? Many thanks.

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: c.richardson

Hi! I just check Inventor 2019. The Groove Pin Without Head category does have DIN EN ISO 8740 pins. Is this what you are looking for? If not, what is the exact spec?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
c.richardson
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Morning Johnson

Ja, it is specifically the DIN EN ISO 8740 pins in A1 stainless steel material l am after. It appears the original DIN 1473 standard has been superseded by the ISO 8740 one. At my workplace we are using the Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018 package and have not yet upgraded to the 2019 one. Can this particular pin library be added to our 2018 package prior to the installation of the 2019 version here later in the year? Many thanks.

Message 6 of 6
jan_priban1
in reply to: c.richardson

Hello,

currently we have no plan to update standard content library. If you need some modification, make it by yourself please. Use Editor -> Save Copy As (Independent family) ... If you want to just add new material, use the Material Guide please.

MG.png

Regards

Jan Priban

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report