Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve Link Message

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
SteveFrey
1240 Views, 15 Replies

Resolve Link Message

I don't use content center parts very often but on one particular file I have some screws that are coming up unresolved each time I open the file.  How would I resolve this?

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Might need to verify the location of the content library is the same as where this file is ...

Michael Davis
Charlotte, NC

Work ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit ~ i7 20gb
Nvidia Quadro FX 1700

Home ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit i7 - 16gb
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT 1GB
240g Kingston HyperX SSD
Message 3 of 16

So here's the complete dialog box.  How would I verify this?

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 4 of 16
japike
in reply to: SteveFrey

Do you have a path in your project file pointing to the location of the screws?

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 5 of 16
john.laidler

You need a central location where your CC parts will be published.  This is set in your project file.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 6 of 16
ampster401

one guess Steve is that screenshot shows an Inventor 2012 CC path, have you upgraded to 2013 by chance?

Message 7 of 16
john.laidler
in reply to: ampster401

Just remember, the content center is only a database (not a collection of modeled parts) until you 'place a content center part'.  Then the CC folder path that is specified in the 'project file' is the location where the CC part is published to.  This location needs to be a central location, so anyone else that opens the assembly will be able to see the CC parts.

John Laidler

Message 8 of 16
ampster401
in reply to: john.laidler

agreed.

I'm just using a common problem for an example where when people did not specify a central location of where to store the cc parts (once placed into a file) and instead used a path with a version in the name (2012 in this case) that would create problems when they updated to a newer version.

You're suggestion would be the ideal solution for sure!

Message 9 of 16
john.laidler

Very true, that would cause an issue if the 'version' was in the name.  To the OP, where do you have your 'CC folder' location set to?

John Laidler

Message 10 of 16
SteveFrey

Yes, I did upgrade to 2013.  Is there a simple way to fix this?  Where exactly should the content center folder be located?  Currently they are in  %USERPROFILE%\Steve.MRSHOWERDOOR\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files\R2013\    

Should I move the 2012 files to this location?

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 11 of 16
SteveFrey
in reply to: john.laidler

Set to %USERPROFILE%\Steve.MRSHOWERDOOR\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files\R2013\

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 12 of 16
ampster401

I'm going to state that this probably won't be easy (and hopefully someone has a workable solution to do this without destroying the paths in your assy's from previous versions), but you should now create a central location as suggested and move all previously created CC parts to that location and adjust all project files to point to this location (maybe this last step takes care of the paths?).

What will make this harder is if you have previously created CC parts from many versions stored "all over the place", aka, in many folders that have the versions in the name.

I'm wondering if there is some tool from Adesk or recommended process for doing this, considering the paths for already created CC parts reside within many of your assy's.  Moving the files natually will break those paths...

Message 13 of 16
SteveFrey

Like I said I barely use CC parts so if all it takes is copying them from the 2012 folder to the current directory so be it.  I can count on one hand how many times I use this feature so I won't be screwing up too many files.

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 14 of 16
blair

One way to solve this is when using CC parts, use the "Save as Custom" option when you create and save them. This will save them to your current work directory.

As one of the other posts recommended, moving all your CC parts to a common directory and adding it to your Projects path.

The only reason you are getting this error, is that the items reside outside of your current IPJ paths.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 15 of 16
john.laidler

Move all of your 'published' CC parts to a central folder, then update your setting to that location.

John Laidler

Message 16 of 16

If some content center parts in your assembly are missing then you can get them automatically generated by this addin:

https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=4503952313225789979&appLang=en&os=Win64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report