Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representations BOM

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JoelMckone
1477 Views, 3 Replies

Representations BOM

Is there some way to do a BOM based on a representation?  Also how do I get sub-assemblies to show as the individual parts?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: JoelMckone

The answer to your first question is "No".  You are better off creating a factory file.  The parts list can be represented for each member of the factory iassembly.

Second question is if you go here "Tools" tab of your sub assembly change the setting as follows.

BM.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
jtylerbc
in reply to: JoelMckone

Assuming that by "BOM" you mean a Parts List on a drawing (Bill of Material refers to something else in Inventor), there is a way (sort of), if the representation is a View Rep.

In your parts list, click Filter Settings.  You'll be able to pick an Assembly View Representation as one of your possible filters, and it will only show parts that are visible in that View Representation.

However, it will not update quantities (there is a warning in the dialog box that explains this fact as well).  If you have 20 bolts in an assembly, but only have 2 visible in the filter View Rep, the quantity will still show 20.  It will only filter if all instances are being removed.

So, it depends on your situation whether this will work or not.  If you are removing all of the like components in the View Rep, it could work.  If you are only removing a portion of them, it will only make things more confusing.  If you are doing a partial removal, you will probably need to use Cadmanto's suggestion of an iAssembly (factory).

Message 4 of 4
bructanner
in reply to: Cadmanto

I have a similar problem. I have a tank that's made up of ipts, frame generator and bolt to contention. I want to have a drawing showing one side the frame and bolts that apply to that side. In that drawing I want to do a part list that only shows the qyts of what Im showing. So I have a side that has 3 pieces of angle steel well the other end of the tank has the same angle steel on it so when I do a drawing of just one side it add qyts for that entire assemble is there a way to only give qtys for what is in my drawing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report