Inventor General

Mentor
doubleA26
Message 1 of 2 (103 Views)

Repeatable Crash/System Freeze - Routed Systems 2010

103 Views, 1 Replies
09-08-2011 12:11 PM

I found this out while I was creating a new iPart, and never really noticed it because I try to use unique names for my parameters. When this first happened I accidently set the parameter name to "S", cancelled the error message and my system froze.

I've tried this on multiple templates (Default & User Created; IPT & IAM) and the crash/freeze is repeatable.  

1.  Start new part

2.  Open Parameters Dialog and Add a new parameter

3.  Use a parameter name that you know will be incorrect, i.e.- S, KG.  Something that Inventor already uses as a parameter name.

4.  You should get an error message saying something along the lines of "parameter name in use blah blah"

5.  Cancel error message.

6.  System freezes.  I can't ESC out of the dialog, can't cancel and it turns my screen to the faded white....

Can anyone please confirm that I am not the only one with this issue???

Thanks in advance,

- Aaron -
IV 2010 Tube & Pipe SP4; ACAD Mechanical 2010;
2.5 ghz Xeon Processor
8 gb RAM
Windows 7 Professional x64
EVGA GTX 560 2gb DDR5
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 2 (73 Views)

Re: Repeatable Crash/System Freeze - Routed Systems 2010

09-09-2011 11:33 AM in reply to: doubleA26

Could not get this to freeze my system, but I'm on 2011.  Sorry.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube