Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering internal parts and image size

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
george.geesey
271 Views, 3 Replies

Rendering internal parts and image size

I'm working with our marketing dept to create some images of our products for use in brochures and posters. I've gotten very good results using the "Global Lighting" setting in Inventor Studio, but the internal components don't show up well. I added a Point Light with Intensity setting of 2, but it "washes" out the exterior. Is there a way to light interior components without affecting the exterior? I attached two images showing comparison between global lighting with and without point light.

Also, my marketing guy says he needs a hi-res images which he defines as 8ft x 8ft at 300dpi. Is it possible to create this in Inventor? I checked settings and looks like the largest possible in Inventor is 1024 x 768.

Thanks,

George

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I can verify that the max image is 1024 x 768.

As far as getting better results here are some things to try

1. Change the target and /or position of the light
  2. Add/Remove lights
  3. Create a Custom Light Style
  4. Change the Intensity of the lights
  5. Reduce the reflection values of the materials

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
jtylerbc
in reply to: george.geesey

George,

I struggle a bit with lighting as well, so I won't try to address that part of your problem.  However, I will point out that 1024 x 768 is NOT the largest size you can render from Studio - it is simply the largest preset size.  Type your own sizes into the Width and Height, and you can go larger; I render 1680 x 1050 (my screen resolution) so often that I wish I could set it as a default.  I have occasionally gone even larger than that.

Remember also to set your DPI when saving the drawing after rendering it (Options button).  Also, if using JPEG, the Quality setting can affect the appearance quite a bit.  It is actually controlling the image compression, so a higher number gives you a larger file size, but clearer image.

Message 4 of 4
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: jtylerbc

I would recommend PNG over JPG. Better quality and resizable.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report