Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Models

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
ravencontrols
1175 Views, 31 Replies

Rendering Models

I have a model of my companys faclitiy i drew up in inventor and want to import in 3ds max and render it. I have never used 3ds max and dont understand how to do it. Can someone explain to me how to take the model of the facility i drew up and import it in 3ds max and render it. Thanks Derek

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
blair
in reply to: LT.Rusty

You really need to make sure that your Inventor Project file does contain the correct "paths" for your CC parts and use the Inventor Project file when you convert/inport the Inventor files.

Make sure you are on SP4 for Showcase as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 22 of 32
gsmith9810

Is there any way to determine if Showcase is going to take forever trying to convert and then get to the end and not give me anything? It doesn't even seem to have the ability to SKIP missing files or files that it chokes on.

I don't have any way to influence how our designers place content center files.

-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Smith
Inventor Product Design Suite 2013sp2
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 23 of 32
blair
in reply to: gsmith9810

Not really, just make sure that the Project file points to all the proper locations for all the components.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 24 of 32
LT.Rusty
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

You really need to make sure that your Inventor Project file does contain the correct "paths" for your CC parts and use the Inventor Project file when you convert/inport the Inventor files.

Make sure you are on SP4 for Showcase as well.

Project file setup doesn't matter.  I open the assembly in Inventor and then send it to Showcase through the Suite Workflows button.  The content center parts are there in Inventor, they're not there in Showcase. 

The project file is set up correctly.  There are simply some things from Inventor that don't carry over. 

Rusty

EESignature

Message 25 of 32
blair

I normally just work from Showcase, and do the straight import their, so it's a little more important then. I have had a couple of IPT's that have imported over into Showcase rather funny, but they still import. Never had a part that didn't import.

If you have a decent DSLR and tripod, you can always make your own HDR enviroment for working in Showcase. There is some free software for doing the files if you don't have Photoshop.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 26 of 32
gsmith9810

So, this is what I'm getting in the import status...

Gary Smith
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 27 of 32
gsmith9810

import_fail.png

Gary Smith
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 28 of 32
blair

Never seen that before, a units error for a IAM file. I would make sure that you are current on all SPs for Showcase.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 29 of 32
gsmith9810

Considering that my IT guy didn't even know we had it, and that he slammed it into a spare quad core box to let me evaluate it, I'm guessing that it does NOT have ANY sp's applied.

I've been able to open some assemblies without any trouble and parts are not an issue (but, then again, MKTG isn't asking me for part renders for print publication either).

I'll poke around for SP's later.

I suspect that I may want this "loaner" box instead of the one I have anyway...   🙂

Gary

Gary Smith
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 30 of 32
DesignerNinja

Gary,

You were able to load Showcase on a seperate computer for rendering?

I was told by my Reseller that this could not be done as I am looking specifically at having a desktop that can render all day long while I work on my laptop.

Thanks.

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"
Message 31 of 32
gsmith9810
in reply to: DesignerNinja

We have a number of different license types. The box I was given by IT has the full Product Design Suite loaded and while using that, I am consuming one of the floating licenses we have. My other machine just has 2011 Routed Systems.

Gary Smith
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 32 of 32
DesignerNinja

Gotcha - Thanks.

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report