Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendered Shadows in a Drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JavaLodge
1447 Views, 7 Replies

Rendered Shadows in a Drawing

Hey everyone.  I'm doing a layout drawing in Inventor and I have an isometric view of the layout so that others can see the general 'feel' of the layout.  This particular drawing is purely visual, it won't contain any numbers or data other than the balloons that I will use to point out different elements.  

My question is this: is there a way to have rendered shadows show up in the drawing?  I have several shop elements sitting on a plane, and shadows would really help them 'pop' out and help others see their relationship to each other.  For clarification, I essentially want the drawing to look like the way the assembly does when I set it to shaded visual style and turn on 'All Shadows.'

I have done a little research on this subject and I can't any other threads that deal with this.  Thanks in advance.

I'm running Inventor Professional 2014, Windows 7 64-bit.

cwhetten
in reply to: JavaLodge

Unfortunately, we have very little control over how a shaded drawing view is rendered.  The only example I have seen of someone changing the shaded view involved a registry hack to change the highlights / glare.

The only way I can think would be to insert an image file (a screenshot or rendered image with shadows).  Of course, you won't get an actual drawing view that way, so no parts list for your balloons...

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 3 of 8
JavaLodge
in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks for the help. Looks like I'll have to do without.

Do you happen to know if there is already an IdeaStation for this?
i.e giving us the full set of view/appearance controls when in the 'Change View Orientation' environment would be a start, I mean at the moment the default is 'Shaded' when it's actually 'Shaded With Edges', surely it's not that out there to expect to have 'Realistic' views in the drawing if we so desire.
Message 5 of 8
cwhetten
in reply to: CAG_DRAFT

I don't know.

You'll have to search the IdeaStation for it.  If you find one, post the link here so we can go give the idea some kudos.

If you don't find the idea, go ahead and create it, then post the link here so we can give it some kudos.  Smiley Happy

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 6 of 8
CAG_DRAFT
Message 7 of 8
JayCal
in reply to: JavaLodge

Once your image is on the drawing sheet, move your mouse until you see the red dotted border line around the item.

Right click that to bring up the menu. 

In the menu select "Edit View"

In that popup window "Drawing View" under the "Component" tab, click the "Shaded" box under the "Style" menu.

I believe this is what you were after, this is what I was looking for when I found this question..

P_20230904_144108.jpg

Message 8 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: JayCal

@JayCal the suggestion you posted isn't what the OP was asking for, he wanted to see shadows on a shaded view.

The topic is from 2014 and this is still not a possibility, so if you want to help get this feature implemented then you should add your vote to the idea linked in post #6. 😉

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report