Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming features does not update in the iPart Table

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
csmac2004
530 Views, 2 Replies

Renaming features does not update in the iPart Table

I did try searching on this, but can't find anything on this topic. I'm sure someone has come across this, so if there is already a post please just help me find that post instead. Thanks.

Anyways, we have an issue with iParts (Inventor 2011 Suite). We have a practice of renaming our features in a part file for clarity on multiple levels. However, what we've noticed now is that if I rename a feature after I've added that feature in my iPart table (for suppression or whatever), that rename does not follow through into the iPart table. What happens instead is that the column still retains the old name, but feature no longer shows up in the right hand side pane (see the image I attached to this post).

Is there a workaround for this, other than "don't rename features" or "get the name right the first time"? If so, we're all ears here! Thanks!

Scott

Scott MacDonald
Inventor 2013 Product Design Suite
Vault Professional 2013
Windows7 x64
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BMiller63
in reply to: csmac2004

I don't know of a solution.

It's been like this for as long as I can recall.

What I do is edit the table in Excel and update the column names manually.

Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: BMiller63

Scott,

Are you on subscription?.. If so download/install the subscription advantage pack. This has new functionality called "feature rename" which will automatically put logical names to your features... This saves you from having to rename completely.. You can of course turn this off too.

IMO this is your best solution. Here is a video of how it works/looks..

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/limage?siteID=123112&imageID=15765549&id=15714201

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report