Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforcement Pads

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
2667 Views, 20 Replies

Reinforcement Pads

I need to add re-pads at specific nozzle locations on a round pressure vessel in Inventor. Our repads are OD/ID plates with the thickness varying based on code requirements, and vessel pressure. I can create a square shape that would conform to the shell OD, but can't figure out how to create a round shape that would wrap around the shell. Please help!
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
graemev
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
I cant see more than one radius in this example. The only one radius is the shell OD radios, right? I mean, try to create this part, but not bend it over a pipe, but over a sphere. I'm talking about a much more complex geometry, but the sphere is the basis for it.

That is correct.  My post was in regards to the original problem.  Our shop only fabricates developable parts - those that can be made by either braking or rolling, not stamping or forging.  If you can mock it up with a piece of plain paper, it is a developable surface.  Toroids and spheres are not developable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report