Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refernce Quantities in idw

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CommanderMAD
242 Views, 2 Replies

Refernce Quantities in idw

At my company we design skylight systems that use multiple parts in an assembly, and each piece has its own number, qty, length and location:

eg. Frame left A01

Frame right A02

and so on.

It seems that the only thing i cannot link is the qty (see attached pic).  Is there an easy way to do this or do i need to just deal with entering the qty manually based on my BOM?

DESCRIPTION.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LFMarshall
in reply to: CommanderMAD

If qty is going to be a static value that will always be the same regardless of where it's used, you could add a custom iProperty to that component that you could then pull in to your note just like the other iProperties you are currently using.

If that qty is variable, you could make the component an iPart and only change that Custom iProperty value for the variations then just make sure to select the right one for insertion in to your assembly -or- just do as you are now and enter them manually.

Larry Marshall
Inventor 2021.2 , AutoCAD 2021, 3DS Max 2021
Message 3 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: CommanderMAD

Although probably not what you want, this is the role of the Parts List on the drawing. It details the items used in the assembly.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report