Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant constraints, any thoughts on how to identify?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
932 Views, 4 Replies

Redundant constraints, any thoughts on how to identify?

I have an assembly buit by someone else I'm trying to add items, etc to. Doggedly slow performance. I've found several constraints which were redundant, now I know there are more, does anyone have any ideas to speed up the process of finding them?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try switching to Modeling View and then expand the Constraints folder in the browser. Mike "Kevin Vallelunga" wrote in message news:4195168b$1_2@newsprd01... I have an assembly buit by someone else I'm trying to add items, etc to. Doggedly slow performance. I've found several constraints which were redundant, now I know there are more, does anyone have any ideas to speed up the process of finding them?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

It would show an error but it won't show redundancies. Sometimes (grounded parts, inserts+mates) a part can be overconstrained. "Mike Maenpaa" wrote in message news:41951c7a$1_3@newsprd01... Try switching to Modeling View and then expand the Constraints folder in the browser. Mike "Kevin Vallelunga" wrote in message news:4195168b$1_2@newsprd01... I have an assembly buit by someone else I'm trying to add items, etc to. Doggedly slow performance. I've found several constraints which were redundant, now I know there are more, does anyone have any ideas to speed up the process of finding them?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I'm thinking if you could check the DOF (degrees of freedom) and it isn't consistent with the part's intended DOF it's most likely to be over- or under-constrained... vernon "Kevin Vallelunga" wrote in message news:4195168b$1_2@newsprd01... I have an assembly buit by someone else I'm trying to add items, etc to. Doggedly slow performance. I've found several constraints which were redundant, now I know there are more, does anyone have any ideas to speed up the process of finding them?
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Kevin, Make sure that you have redundancy analysis on. Tools->Application Options->Assembly tab->Enable constraint redundancy analysis. Thanks, Ashok Patil, Inventor Assembly Modeling. "Kevin Vallelunga" wrote in message news:419521d5$1_1@newsprd01... It would show an error but it won't show redundancies. Sometimes (grounded parts, inserts+mates) a part can be overconstrained. "Mike Maenpaa" wrote in message news:41951c7a$1_3@newsprd01... Try switching to Modeling View and then expand the Constraints folder in the browser. Mike "Kevin Vallelunga" wrote in message news:4195168b$1_2@newsprd01... I have an assembly buit by someone else I'm trying to add items, etc to. Doggedly slow performance. I've found several constraints which were redundant, now I know there are more, does anyone have any ideas to speed up the process of finding them?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report