Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording a Drive Constraint animation in assembly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pohudon
4397 Views, 6 Replies

Recording a Drive Constraint animation in assembly

When I record an animation in .avi using the Drive Constraint command here's what pops :

-

The codec you selected to compress this AVI video stream cannot handle the current screen color depth and/or the graphics frame size. Please try another codec.

-

Then I press OK and it records but the AVI file is empty and no video is watchable.

What can I do?

I'm using Autodesk Inventor 2012 ans a windows 7 64bit brand new computer with Nvidia graphic card.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JONOELLRICH
in reply to: pohudon

Similar issue here, with the occasional twist that often the 'record' button does not stay depressed.  After loading the TSCC codec from Techsmith I can now get it to act like it's recording (same behavior in Drive Constraint and animations in .ipn files) while the animation runs, but afterwards I get a 0 Byte file and of course I can't watch it, either.

Have you had any luck finding a fix?  I'm also on a fairly new machine with Win7/64.  I have made movies on this machine before, but now I just get these empty avi and wmv files.

Jon

Message 3 of 7
khosking
in reply to: JONOELLRICH

Hey Team,

Prior to using the "Drive Constraint" option to record a .WMV or .AVI animation, be sure that your AntiVirus is disabled. I've seen a few cases recently where the movie file either fails to generate or is created and saved with 0KBs after attempting to save the "Drive Constraint" animation. Upon disabling AV, the animation file is then created and saved as expected.

Cheers,

Karl

Message 4 of 7
JONOELLRICH

In my case the issue traced to Service Pack 1, and the hotfix that followed it fixed the issue for me.

Jon
Message 5 of 7
zachars

Go to your Application Options and navigate to the Hardware tab.  Set your graphics to compatability mode and restart Inventor.

Message 6 of 7
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: khosking

@khosking wrote:

Hey Team,

..., be sure that your AntiVirus is disabled....

Cheers,

Karl

i wish it was that easy

You should see the reaction when someone says to the IT dept ..."ok i just need to disable the anti-virus for a little while"

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 7 of 7
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi everyone,

Here is the link to the hotfix for this issue:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17804829&linkID=9242019

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report