Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild all not rebuilding all

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mslosar
790 Views, 4 Replies

Rebuild all not rebuilding all

I have an odd situation here.

Essentially, it's a sketch of a circile with a few radii in it. The radii are drawn from the center point to the circle and constrained by angle and the diameter of the circle.

All my parameters are tied to a spreasheet.

The odd part. This is a portion of a master sketch upon which a platform is constructed. Change the diameter of the circle, the platform width gets bigger smaller. FWIW, the radii in question are under the platform and are the supports.

Anyhow, if i'm working in the master sketch and change the spreadsheet and hit update or rebuild all - everything works great.

IF i'm in the model and update the spreadsheet and hit REBUILD ALL, 90% of the model updates. The only thing that doesn't update are the radii. They stay where they were. However if i open the sketch and simply click on it, the radii then will update. Same thing if i hit rebuild all in the master sketch - it fixes itself.

Why in the world would it not be updating the radii to the circle? I've been looking at it and nothing seems to make sense.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: mslosar

Hi!

Why don't you attach the ipt... its better then 300 words... Smiley Happy

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 5
mslosar
in reply to: CCarreiras

It's not one .ipt, it's about 40 and it's proprietary - i'm not allowed to share.

I could probably post the master sketch I suppose, but I'm not sure whta it'd gain because it works fine on it's own.
Message 4 of 5
mslosar
in reply to: CCarreiras

This morning it's now evident in the master sketch itself which I attached.

Of course, i'm not sure what good that's going to do because without the spreadsheet attached it seems to work fine. If you change d136 (i've been using 48 and 96) in the non-spreadsheet version of this file it seems to be fine. If the spreadsheet is attached - it requires two rebuild all's. The first seems to update everything but the radial lines in the array in the Base-Supports sketch. The second rebuild all updates the radials/array.  The second rebuild all seems to have to be done in this .ipt. If you hit rebuild all 6 times at the top level assembly it doesn't rebuild this aspect of the master sketch.

The most annoying aspect of the thing is that this is the right side of a 360 degree platform and the left side seems to work just fine. The left is build the same as the right.

I'd really like to know what the right side here requires to rebuild all's to update the radii.

Message 5 of 5
rusmwb
in reply to: mslosar

I'm sure glad I found this post. I have a template with a work axis that uses a point from a sketch and an origin axis for it's inputs. The point location is driven by a parameter value from a linked in spreadsheet. This template is used by my configurator program that sets the value in the spreadsheet and it uses the axis as input for a fastener constraint. I kept having trouble with the axis not moving even though the sketch point would. So, I added a line of code to rebuild(). No, luck. Searched and found this post. Added an addition rebuild(). Success!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report