Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reappearing (Unwanted) Work Planes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AgeAnt
1215 Views, 4 Replies

Reappearing (Unwanted) Work Planes

Hi,

The problem I'm having, or what's annoying, is reappearing (visible) Work Planes. I have a number of parts in my assembly that I make invisible and visible on a regular basis and I find that when I make a part visible, the Work Planes of that part also become visible. It's very annoying and time consuming having to turn off the Work Planes when there's no need for them to be visible.

Is there a way to either make all Work Planes invisible or to permenantly make Work Planes invisible unless you specifically make them visible.

I found an old post about it which mentioned vba code but surely there must be a better fix for this.

I would be so grateful if someone could help.

Regards

Adrian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ampster402
in reply to: AgeAnt

turn the workplane visibility off in the part file/s, this should take care of it once and for all.

There are or were some key combinations you could do that would turn off workplanes but I haven't used them in so long I've forgotten them now.

Message 3 of 5
karthur1

A few different ways... each have their own special "qualities".

1. In the iam, View>Object Visibility, uncheck the "User Workplanes". This turns them ALL off.

If you want to just turn one off, from the iam, drill down to it in the browser and right-clcik and choose visibility (under the part). You can quickly find it in the browser, if you change the selection to "Select Faces and Edges" (Shift+RMB), then RMB "Find in browser".

Use view reps to control the visibility.

To do this:

1. In the .ipt, select the default view rep (or create a new one). Turn off the visibility of the workplane.

2. in the iam, right click on the part and choose Representation.  Select the drop down and pick the default VR (or whatever you called it).  I would recommend you pick the associative box here as well.

Message 4 of 5
AgeAnt
in reply to: ampster402

Hi,

Yes, that works a treat!

Thanks for that.

Although it's time consuming opening each part just to make the work planes invisible, in the long run it'll save me loads of time as my assembly has far less parts in comparison to the rumber of times I change their visibility.

Cheers

Adrian

Message 5 of 5
AgeAnt

Hi,

I tried the second and third method suggested which also worked a treat.

I'll try them all a bit more and find which works for me best.

Thanks for the responses.

Cheers

Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report