Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReL Iassembly Gripe!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dcmorgan
215 Views, 2 Replies

ReL Iassembly Gripe!

I am currently working on creating an i-assembly that will be used to generate different configurations. The assembly will be ran with Ilogic code. This is the most efficient and effective way of switching back and forth between the different configurations. Upon doing so, I am constantly running into wall after wall trying to build a workable code. For one, why does inventor let me generate 3 different types of user parameters (text, true or false, and numeric) but only one of them is supported in the ipart author? This is making it difficult for me to switch back and forth between configs' since ipart does not recognize text paramters. Table replace is very helpful within ipart author, but this isn't supported in the ilogic code! Creating a bunch of numerical custom user parameters is not very helpful since it is hard to define the differences between configurations using numbers...i.e 1,2,3 is not the same as 8 TPI, 6 TPI, 4TPI using text parameters. User text parameters are more descriptive and less confusing than numerical values.

Is there anyway I can sort of attach a description next to a numerical text value within the ipart author? This ought to be something Autodesk addresses in the near future.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Leo.Xie
in reply to: dcmorgan

Thank you for your report. Unfortunately this is a known limitation. Your report will increase the possibility of addressing this issue in the future release.

A workaround is to add your description text to a custom property, then configure the property to the table.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Leo Xie (Lichao.xie@autodesk.com)
Software Engineer, Inventor
Manufacturing Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
dcmorgan
in reply to: Leo.Xie

Ok. I will try to go ahead and create a custom property to try to get this to work the way I want it to. I appreciate the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report