Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: eDrawings for IV8-9 is here?????

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
187 Views, 2 Replies

Re: eDrawings for IV8-9 is here?????

I thought some of you might be interested on this. I bought the "limited time offer" for $495 After I installed it I found that the license is good for one year, then it goes back to viewer only ! You want all the full capabilities back?, then you pay $295, year after year . . ..! Erich Bob S. wrote: Standard sales jargon tactics similar to "bait and switch". By saying it is a "Free viewing and publishing application", they expect most everyone will ass-u-me that the publisher portion is free too. But unless they actually stated it as "Free view and free publisher", the semantics do not specifically state that the publisher portion is free. Of course, it is free for 15 days though. So that to owould be like saying you can have a brand new car for free, but only for 15 days, not forever. "KJohnson" wrote in message news:415d56dd_2@newsprd01... >"You cannot create (i.e. publish) eDrawing files with only the viewer >functionality. Both the regular and pro versions are trials that revert >to viewers only after 15 days. Then you are left with a free viewer, >but no way to create the files." > >Then why do they call the eDrawings Viewer a "FREE viewing and publishing >appliation..."? > >K Johnson > > >
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, I have been "publishing" eDrawing files with the Free "viewer" version ever since installing it. But I see that they have hard coded their registry settings to ONLY specifically support IV 8 and 9, so wonder if they plan on having a new version for when 10 comes out. OR, can we force it to work simply by editing the registry setting for SupportedSoftwareVersionEqualTo and it will work? "Erich Koch" wrote in message news:421df620$1_3@newsprd01... >I thought some of you might be interested on this. > I bought the "limited time offer" for $495 > > After I installed it I found that the license is good for one year, then it goes back to viewer only ! > You want all the full capabilities back?, then you pay $295, year after year . . ..! > > Erich > > > > Bob S. wrote: > > Standard sales jargon tactics similar to "bait and switch". By saying > it is a "Free viewing and publishing application", they expect most > everyone will ass-u-me that the publisher portion is free too. But unless > they actually stated it as "Free view and free publisher", the semantics > do not specifically state that the publisher portion is free. Of course, it > is free for 15 days though. So that to owould be like saying you can > have a brand new car for free, but only for 15 days, not forever. > > "KJohnson" wrote in message news:415d56dd_2@newsprd01... > >>"You cannot create (i.e. publish) eDrawing files with only the viewer >>functionality. Both the regular and pro versions are trials that revert >>to viewers only after 15 days. Then you are left with a free viewer, >>but no way to create the files." >> >>Then why do they call the eDrawings Viewer a "FREE viewing and publishing >>appliation..."? >> >>K Johnson >> >>
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had a few emails with them about this one year usage deal. I got the run-around from them. I told them that once I bought the program, it should work for as long as I had the program, they did not want to hear about it. The thing is that even if I am still using R8 two years from know, eDrawings will stop working a year after its installation. That's when the emailing started, and I got nowhere. Of course it is possible that the present version might not work with R10, R11, etc. even if you change the registry, in which case I would have to pay the $295 update fee. Erich Bob S. wrote: >Well, I have been "publishing" eDrawing files with the Free >"viewer" version ever since installing it. But I see that they have >hard coded their registry settings to ONLY specifically >support IV 8 and 9, so wonder if they plan on having >a new version for when 10 comes out. OR, can we force >it to work simply by editing the registry setting for >SupportedSoftwareVersionEqualTo and it will work? > > >"Erich Koch" wrote in message news:421df620$1_3@newsprd01... > > >>I thought some of you might be interested on this. >>I bought the "limited time offer" for $495 >> >>After I installed it I found that the license is good for one year, then it goes back to viewer only ! >>You want all the full capabilities back?, then you pay $295, year after year . . ..! >> >>Erich >> >> >> >>Bob S. wrote: >> >>Standard sales jargon tactics similar to "bait and switch". By saying >>it is a "Free viewing and publishing application", they expect most >>everyone will ass-u-me that the publisher portion is free too. But unless >>they actually stated it as "Free view and free publisher", the semantics >>do not specifically state that the publisher portion is free. Of course, it >>is free for 15 days though. So that to owould be like saying you can >>have a brand new car for free, but only for 15 days, not forever. >> >>"KJohnson" wrote in message news:415d56dd_2@newsprd01... >> >> >> >>>"You cannot create (i.e. publish) eDrawing files with only the viewer >>>functionality. Both the regular and pro versions are trials that revert >>>to viewers only after 15 days. Then you are left with a free viewer, >>>but no way to create the files." >>> >>>Then why do they call the eDrawings Viewer a "FREE viewing and publishing >>>appliation..."? >>> >>>K Johnson >>> >>> >>> >>> > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report