Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raytracing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Logos_Atum
308 Views, 2 Replies

Raytracing

Hello there,

I have had problems rendering with Inventor (as included in FDS). It takes ages to activate.

Also exporting pictures left me with the fact that I could not adjust the pixel dimensions

rightaway to what I wanted.

All I get is Full HD output. Is this a known issue with Inventor 2015? Everything is up to

date, drivers as well as the program. Also some clipping occured. I avoided it by scrolling

just a bit. Sometimes it took time to refresh the screen, sometimes it prevailed.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LishuangLu
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Hi Daniel,

Would you please elaborate more about your problems with Ray Tracing?

1. “It takes ages to activate.” do you mean it take much time to turn on Ray Tracing and see the text "Enabling Ray Tracing" in the graphics window?

2.  Are you using Save As->Save Copy As to generate the output image? If so, it is an as designed behavior in Inventor 2015 and previous releases. When you save image with Ray Tracing on, it will re-render again to generate the offline image, which makes the save takes much more time.

But you can adjust the pixels for the image with the Options button of Save Copy As dialog.

Thanks,

-Lisa

Message 3 of 3
Logos_Atum
in reply to: LishuangLu

Hello Lisa,

gladly,

You are right the activation takes quite some time and sometimes it even fails.

I tried rendering in MAX and Showcase with an FBX export and it ran fine. There-

fore it must be a handling problem I guess.

The interesting part about this assembly was the STEP file I deeded to merge with

the original scene. I thought it to be responsible for the trouble I´ve had. Showcase

denied to import the assembly in general.

I used the "export" "image" set of commands to generate the output. Thus to the

failure of raytracing I had to use the "realistic" setting with shadows and reflections

enabled. I used the options and did 3840x2160 pixels. Perhaps it looked a little grai-

ny to me because of that.

That´s been the story so far

kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report