Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R9 Beta Enrollment

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
Anonymous
732 Views, 33 Replies

R9 Beta Enrollment

http://betaprograms.autodesk.com/betaweb.htm http://betaprograms.autodesk.com/enroll/base/nda.asp http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2004/04/beta_opportunit_1.html -- Sean Dotson, PE http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------
33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is that you jim1? "Laserman" wrote in message news:7524324.1083340632406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > But why not just give your opinion and leave me out of it. That is what I mean I gave my opinion you can give yours without saying laserman is wrong I'm not wrong its my opinion. I don't say Sean is incorrect and if you do want sean says you will be in big trouble. so don't act as if you are reply to some ones statement just give your opinion.
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous

Thank you Tuen I would never take a chance or let any one think there is a chance they will work. I thank any one that does is looking for trouble. I had one guy call and ask me a tech question I gave him some options it did not do them and I saw him 2 weeks later and was all uptight thought the man was going to shoot me.
Message 23 of 34
Anonymous

ROTFLMAO... -- Cory McConnell Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert www.mechanixdesigns.com "MikeC" wrote in message news:409277ff_2@newsprd01... > Is that you jim1? > > "Laserman" wrote in message > news:7524324.1083340632406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > But why not just give your opinion and leave me out of it. That is what I > mean I gave my opinion you can give yours without saying laserman is wrong > I'm not wrong its my opinion. I don't say Sean is incorrect and if you do > want sean says you will be in big trouble. so don't act as if you are reply > to some ones statement just give your opinion. > >
Message 24 of 34
Anonymous

Laserman I think this is all a semantics thing. Of course there is a "Chance" that the beta files will work in the released version, and to say there isn't is incorrect. But just because there is a "Chance" they will doesn't mean anyone should plan on it being that way. The beta agreement is usually very clear that there is no guarentee that they will be compatable. It is unfortunate that they can't be because many would be able to spend a lot more time on the Beta, but such is the way of software. I really think this is just a wording misunderstanding. I don't think any disrespect was intended either way. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Laserman" wrote in message news:2863862.1083340971663.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thank you Tuen I would never take a chance or let any one think there is a chance they will work. I thank any one that does is looking for trouble. I had one guy call and ask me a tech question I gave him some options it did not do them and I saw him 2 weeks later and was all uptight thought the man was going to shoot me.
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous

You just beat me to that comment. LOL. "MikeC" wrote in message news:409277ff_2@newsprd01... > Is that you jim1?
Message 26 of 34
Anonymous

Clearly not. His diction is too correct, as well as capitalization and use of punctuation. "MikeC" wrote in message news:409277ff_2@newsprd01... > Is that you jim1? > > "Laserman" wrote in message > news:7524324.1083340632406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > But why not just give your opinion and leave me out of it. That is what I > mean I gave my opinion you can give yours without saying laserman is wrong > I'm not wrong its my opinion. I don't say Sean is incorrect and if you do > want sean says you will be in big trouble. so don't act as if you are reply > to some ones statement just give your opinion. > >
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous

I was thinking the same thing. "MikeC" wrote in message news:409277ff_2@newsprd01... > Is that you jim1? > > "Laserman" wrote in message > news:7524324.1083340632406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > But why not just give your opinion and leave me out of it. That is what I > mean I gave my opinion you can give yours without saying laserman is wrong > I'm not wrong its my opinion. I don't say Sean is incorrect and if you do > want sean says you will be in big trouble. so don't act as if you are reply > to some ones statement just give your opinion. > >
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous

Thanks, I needed that today. My side hurts now.
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous

I still do not understand why Autodesk cannot committ to either compatibility or a migration routine that would allow the beta files to be used in the eventual release. I would expect at least a tenfold increase in the amount and thoroughness of beta testing could be done in the same timeframe. The amount of time most can devote to playing with a new release is miniscule compared to the production work that could be done with the assurance that the files would be usable. I do not mind too much dealing with more bugs and crashes in a beta program, but if the files cannot be assumed to work in the final version, I would be gambling my company's money and my job. Ed R "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:40927bc5$1_3@newsprd01... > Laserman > > I think this is all a semantics thing. Of course there is a "Chance" > that the beta files will work in the released version, and to say there > isn't is incorrect. But just because there is a "Chance" they will > doesn't mean anyone should plan on it being that way. > > The beta agreement is usually very clear that there is no guarentee that > they will be compatable. It is unfortunate that they can't be because many > would be able to spend a lot more time on the Beta, but such is the way of > software. > > I really think this is just a wording misunderstanding. I don't think > any disrespect was intended either way. > > -- > Kent Keller > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > "Laserman" wrote in message > news:2863862.1083340971663.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Thank you Tuen I would never take a chance or let any one think there is a > chance they will work. I thank any one that does is looking for trouble. I > had one guy call and ask me a tech question I gave him some options it did > not do them and I saw him 2 weeks later and was all uptight thought the man > was going to shoot me. > >
Message 30 of 34
Anonymous

TWEEEETTT!!!! Sound of referee whistle and fouls being called right and left. It's Friday afternoon right? Time out guys. Back to topic please. Save your administrators hands from doing 20-30 deletions of off topic posts. Nothing pulled yet but the toes are hanging over the line. -- Anne Brown Discussion Groups Administrator Autodesk, Inc.
Message 31 of 34
Anonymous

Because they never know what can and will be found. If a change is needed to fix/improve the product prior to release, they have to do it. You would be adding a ton of overhead to make a claim that "we will make Beta files work in RTM". Just not worth the investment! Ed "Ed Rasmussen" wrote in message news:40928c81$1_3@newsprd01... > I still do not understand why Autodesk cannot committ to either > compatibility or a migration routine that would allow the beta files to be > used in the eventual release. I would expect at least a tenfold increase in > the amount and thoroughness of beta testing could be done in the same > timeframe. The amount of time most can devote to playing with a new release > is miniscule compared to the production work that could be done with the > assurance that the files would be usable. I do not mind too much dealing > with more bugs and crashes in a beta program, but if the files cannot be > assumed to work in the final version, I would be gambling my company's money > and my job. > > Ed R > > > > "Kent Keller" wrote in message > news:40927bc5$1_3@newsprd01... > > Laserman > > > > I think this is all a semantics thing. Of course there is a "Chance" > > that the beta files will work in the released version, and to say there > > isn't is incorrect. But just because there is a "Chance" they will > > doesn't mean anyone should plan on it being that way. > > > > The beta agreement is usually very clear that there is no guarentee > that > > they will be compatable. It is unfortunate that they can't be because > many > > would be able to spend a lot more time on the Beta, but such is the way of > > software. > > > > I really think this is just a wording misunderstanding. I don't think > > any disrespect was intended either way. > > > > -- > > Kent Keller > > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > > > "Laserman" wrote in message > > news:2863862.1083340971663.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > Thank you Tuen I would never take a chance or let any one think there is > a > > chance they will work. I thank any one that does is looking for trouble. I > > had one guy call and ask me a tech question I gave him some options it did > > not do them and I saw him 2 weeks later and was all uptight thought the > man > > was going to shoot me. > > > > > >
Message 32 of 34
Anonymous

For the simple fact that the beta may include code that may be removed in the release version. Simply put your new spiffy iwizfeature's are abc and d, during the course of beta testing it's found out feature d isn't quite ready for production , and b's ability to geewhiz had to be completely overwritten. It may be that any features created in the beta part will fail when they arrive at the final build. I've got a support request like that with the face draft between Inv7 and Inv 8 . When i edit a particular face draft made in Inv7 in Inv 8 it fails. "Ed Rasmussen" wrote in message news:40928c81$1_3@newsprd01... > I still do not understand why Autodesk cannot committ to either > compatibility or a migration routine that would allow the beta files to be > used in the eventual release. I would expect at least a tenfold increase in > the amount and thoroughness of beta testing could be done in the same > timeframe. The amount of time most can devote to playing with a new release > is miniscule compared to the production work that could be done with the > assurance that the files would be usable. I do not mind too much dealing > with more bugs and crashes in a beta program, but if the files cannot be > assumed to work in the final version, I would be gambling my company's money > and my job. > > Ed R > > > > "Kent Keller" wrote in message > news:40927bc5$1_3@newsprd01... > > Laserman > > > > I think this is all a semantics thing. Of course there is a "Chance" > > that the beta files will work in the released version, and to say there > > isn't is incorrect. But just because there is a "Chance" they will > > doesn't mean anyone should plan on it being that way. > > > > The beta agreement is usually very clear that there is no guarentee > that > > they will be compatable. It is unfortunate that they can't be because > many > > would be able to spend a lot more time on the Beta, but such is the way of > > software. > > > > I really think this is just a wording misunderstanding. I don't think > > any disrespect was intended either way. > > > > -- > > Kent Keller > > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > > > "Laserman" wrote in message > > news:2863862.1083340971663.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > Thank you Tuen I would never take a chance or let any one think there is > a > > chance they will work. I thank any one that does is looking for trouble. I > > had one guy call and ask me a tech question I gave him some options it did > > not do them and I saw him 2 weeks later and was all uptight thought the > man > > was going to shoot me. > > > > > >
Message 33 of 34
Anonymous

The purpose of Beta is to test the integrity of the new version of the software. I often tell my customers not to begin using a new release of software in Production until the first service pack has been released for any version of Inventor. (the real beta begins at RTM and runs until SP1) I feel that many people that become Beta testers are doing it for no other reason than to satisfy their curiosity. That is not true in all cases but in many cases it is. I think that Autodesk could do a better job of compensating those who take out a great deal of their own, or company's time to Beta test the software. Perhaps they could choose a select group of people that are willing to take the risk of testing, and rewarding those people with free subscription. "Laserman" wrote in message news:25647525.1083246061898.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > You better read what they tell you as a test my fine little friend. Plus I worked as a tech and that was the biggest no no. And this is why in beta testing if something does not work and they want to release they will shut it off if you put that in your model guess what you just lost every thing you did. every one knows that if you don't read the read me in the beta test sign up. So do not tell any only you can because they do not suggest you to do it. How do they get testers those of us that love to play with new toys that is who I would never do a project in a beta. > > 4. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. AUTODESK MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, REGARDING THE BETA SOFTWARE, ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE, ITS QUALITY, ITS MERCHANTABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. AUTODESK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE BETA SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. LICENSEE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE BETA SOFTWARE LICENSED HEREUNDER ARE PRELIMINARY RELEASES ONLY AND IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE BETA SOFTWARE WILL UNDERGO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES PRIOR TO RELEASE OF THE CORRESPONDING GENERALLY AVAILABLE FINAL VERSION. > > autodesk please step in. this guy is giving not good advice and you need to give him the insight.
Message 34 of 34
rllthomas

My friends in development have always "strongly encouraged" me to never use parts in production that were created in a beta build of IV. Sometimes very specific code has to be included in IV to make particular versions of the softwares files migrate forward properly. These low level hooks aren't included for beta builds.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report