Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R2011 Style Lib error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
LonesomeJoe
190 Views, 2 Replies

R2011 Style Lib error

Help!  We are changing (I use the word "changing" because I promised not to call it "downgrading" any more) from IV R2010 to IV R2011.  I did an install on one of our machines, and when I tried to change the "File" settings in Application Options, I get an error message (see attached) that the Style Library I used does not have the correct data.  These settings worked fine in IV R2010, does anyone know why they would not work in R2011? 

Windows XP Pro x64 Edition

Version 2003 SP2

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU

E6750 @ 2.66GHz

2.67 GHz 4.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX1500  7/13/2007

Driver Version 6.14.11.6250

IV Build 309, Release 2011 SP2

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

Is this error happening because I need to migrate the style library files?

Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

Almost certainly it is because you need to migrate your style library.  I'm pretty sure there were some new style categories added in 2011, but even if not, I don't think Inventor can work with a library from a previous version.

My usual practice is to copy my previous version library to a different location, then open it and a copy of the new default library side by side in the Style Library Manager.  First I migrate the old version, then start comparing category by category, eliminating the styles I don't want (JIS, GOST, etc.), then copying my custom styles from the old library into the new one and noting where there are differences and new style categories that I need to check in the Styles Editor.  It can take a while if there are a lot of new things, but generally not too difficult.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report