Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about textures and assembly performance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
158 Views, 3 Replies

Question about textures and assembly performance

I have placed a galvanized texture on my bolts iParts so I can easily tell what bolts in an assembly is galvanized. Will this slow down the performance dramatically? This assembly has around 2000 fasteners in it. Should I give up the texture and just make the galvanized bolts a noticably different color? -- IV R8, sp1 Dell PWS360, 2.6ghz, P4 2 Gb ram nVidia FX1000 6.14.10.5303 Driver 1260x1024x32 bit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If it does start affecting performance, you can always just turn off the reflections and textures in the Application Options. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brian R. Iwaskewycz Senior Mechanical Engineer PA Transformer Technology, Inc. To err is human; to debug, divine. I have placed a galvanized texture on my bolts iParts so I can easily tell what bolts in an assembly is galvanized. Will this slow down the performance dramatically? This assembly has around 2000 fasteners in it. Should I give up the texture and just make the galvanized bolts a noticeably different color?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Where is this under Application Options? -- IV R8, sp1 Dell PWS360, 2.6ghz, P4 2 Gb ram nVidia FX1000 6.14.10.5303 Driver 1260x1024x32 bit "Brian Iwaskewycz" wrote in message news:40fd4fc8_2@newsprd01... If it does start affecting performance, you can always just turn off the reflections and textures in the Application Options. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Brian R. Iwaskewycz Senior Mechanical Engineer PA Transformer Technology, Inc. To err is human; to debug, divine. I have placed a galvanized texture on my bolts iParts so I can easily tell what bolts in an assembly is galvanized. Will this slow down the performance dramatically? This assembly has around 2000 fasteners in it. Should I give up the texture and just make the galvanized bolts a noticeably different color?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

TOOLS APPLICATION OPTIONS COLORS There's a check box called SHOW REFLECTIONS AND TEXTURES -- Rui "Kirk A" wrote in message news:40fd523d_3@newsprd01... Where is this under Application Options? -- IV R8, sp1 Dell PWS360, 2.6ghz, P4 2 Gb ram nVidia FX1000 6.14.10.5303 Driver 1260x1024x32 bit "Brian Iwaskewycz" wrote in message news:40fd4fc8_2@newsprd01... If it does start affecting performance, you can always just turn off the reflections and textures in the Application Options. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brian R. Iwaskewycz Senior Mechanical Engineer PA Transformer Technology, Inc. To err is human; to debug, divine. I have placed a galvanized texture on my bolts iParts so I can easily tell what bolts in an assembly is galvanized. Will this slow down the performance dramatically? This assembly has around 2000 fasteners in it. Should I give up the texture and just make the galvanized bolts a noticeably different color?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report