Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on STYLE and Standard Editor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WillieArolf
1288 Views, 3 Replies

Query on STYLE and Standard Editor

Good day all,

1. How to make the STYLE and Standard Editor "NOT" Read Only. As a user, I do have the Administrator permission.

2. I have created a Style but then I do not want it anymore. How? Can I delete it.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Windows 7, 64-bit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Please check the copy & delete styles sections of the following wiki help for Inventor. This would help you to resolve your query.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/2108-CAD_Mana2108/2119-Configur2119/2120-Style_l...

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4

This post on our blogs could also give you some additional information of how the styles are managed in the latest version of Inventor:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/how-to-preserve-cached-styles-in-inventor-...

Daniela Koloszko

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: WillieArolf

Read-only status has nothing to do with your user account.  It is controlled by the project file (.ipj) in which you are working.  In the project editor, create a new project just for editing your style library, and right click on "Use Style Library = Read-Only" and change it to Read-Write.  Typically, you should use Read-Only for routine use so you or someone else doesn't accidentally mess up your library.

To delete a style from the library, you need to use the Style Library Manager utility (find it under your Start menu).  Use it carefully!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report