Inventor General

Valued Contributor
WillieArolf
Message 1 of 4 (459 Views)

Query on STYLE and Standard Editor

459 Views, 3 Replies
10-06-2011 06:03 PM

Good day all,

1. How to make the STYLE and Standard Editor "NOT" Read Only. As a user, I do have the Administrator permission.

2. I have created a Style but then I do not want it anymore. How? Can I delete it.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012
Windows 7, 64-bit
Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 2 of 4 (455 Views)

Re: Query on STYLE and Standard Editor

10-06-2011 08:28 PM in reply to: WillieArolf

Hi,

Please check the copy & delete styles sections of the following wiki help for Inventor. This would help you to resolve your query.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/2108-CAD_Mana2108/2119-Configur2119/2120-Style_l...

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
Product Support
Daniela_Koloszko
Message 3 of 4 (442 Views)

10-07-2011 01:29 AM in reply to: WillieArolf

This post on our blogs could also give you some additional information of how the styles are managed in the latest version of Inventor:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/how-to-preserve-cached-styles-in-inventor-...

Daniela Koloszko

*Pro
sbixler
Message 4 of 4 (434 Views)

10-07-2011 04:55 AM in reply to: WillieArolf

Read-only status has nothing to do with your user account.  It is controlled by the project file (.ipj) in which you are working.  In the project editor, create a new project just for editing your style library, and right click on "Use Style Library = Read-Only" and change it to Read-Write.  Typically, you should use Read-Only for routine use so you or someone else doesn't accidentally mess up your library.

To delete a style from the library, you need to use the Style Library Manager utility (find it under your Start menu).  Use it carefully!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube