Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qty of level of detail

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NDIANKOU
205 Views, 3 Replies

Qty of level of detail

I have a assembly with 2 level of detail1 (LOD1), level of detail2 (LOD2), and master.
LOD1 uses 3 part1
LOD2 uses 2 part1
I use the two level of details in the same drawing (idw) on different sheets.

Question: how can I show the exact qty of part1 of each of level of detail automaticly on different sheet?

Thanks in advance,

Inventor Routed Systems 2010
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
msklein
in reply to: NDIANKOU

are you tying to make a tabulated dwg? just so we understand what you want to do.
msk
Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr

You can't... LOD is a memory management tool only to allow you to supress some parts to unload them from memory. It is not meant to be used inplace of creating a new top level assembly. Please look into iAssemblies instead of using LOD's.
Or provide more detail into why you are choosing to use LOD's instead of creating new part numbers for those different configurations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
msklein

I was trying to get him to better define what he is really trying to do before i told him you can't do it as a tabulated dwg. Just to make sure that is what he is trying to do.
msk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report