Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QTY of parts in design view rep

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mcgyvr
274 Views, 3 Replies

QTY of parts in design view rep

I know this wasn't possible in the past (and probably still isn't now) but does anyone have a trick or something to only get the qty/parts used in a certain design view rep.

We are starting to do work orders (routings) with parts lists for ONLY whats used in that step in the process. Having to manually count screws,etc.. seems silly now.

Design view reps works excellent for showing the assembly process of a product but the parts list (even filtered to that design view rep) shows the total quantity of each component..not just the count in that design view rep.

Any possibility of doing this with ilogic or something?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: mcgyvr

I REALLY wish there was a way to do this in Inventor.  I used the design view rep on a job recently and pulled a parts list from it and used the filter. I KNEW that it wouldnt give me the qty of what was shown, but I forgot..... needless to say, we had a BUNCH of material left over on the job.  (about $10k worth.... oops).

Message 3 of 4
skyngu
in reply to: karthur1

LOD?

ILOGIC can be used on qty

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: skyngu

@jcneal wrote:

LOD?

ILOGIC can be used on qty

Kind of a short/cryptic response. I'm not interested in using LOD at this point unless I must. My ultimate solution would be that I could simply create my design view reps and maybe using ilogic (total newbie to that) be able to generate a parts list in an idw or even outputted to excel showing the correct quantity of visible parts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report