Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting a multibody part into an assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
newcomer
380 Views, 3 Replies

Putting a multibody part into an assembly

Along the lines of my last question, "Thinking in Inventor", here's another question.

I created a multibody part: a plug and a socket are the two bodies.  The socket mounts on a surface.  In order to create an assembly so I can check for interference, I want to place this first body onto a surface in an assembly/  Then I need to connect the two objects with a cord.  I suspect that the "cord" could be represented as a "hose".  I need to make sure that the 10-inch cord will fold up properly inside the case.  I have measured the minimum bend radius of the cord, which is about one inch.

I do not seem to be able to find how to get the pipe-and-tube library into my copy of Inventor 2014.  Besides, I'm only guessing that this will be the right way to model the cable that connects the plug and socket.

Please note that I am a "very-low-hour pilot" in Inventor; I can now do simple drawings with a fair amount of facility, but the next steps are clouded by a haze of fog from where I am sitting.

joe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PaulMunford
in reply to: newcomer

As a third body for the cable? A loft along a 2d or 3d path.

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 4
newcomer

I considered that. But it looks like I can't draw a flexible loft or body, and the pipe/hose/wiring harness features only seem to exist in assembly mode.
goe
Message 4 of 4
karthur1

Joe,

Maybe you could create the hose using a coil feature and then do an assembly  and place the two other items onto each end of the hose.  Use the "Make  Components" command to get the multi-body parts derived into parts of their own assembly and then put your hose in there also.

Without knowing how you store the hose, this is just a guess.

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report