Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punch Tool Input Dialogue Box Does Not Work - Inventor 2010

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
CDM369
522 Views, 7 Replies

Punch Tool Input Dialogue Box Does Not Work - Inventor 2010

When seeking to use the Punch Tool in Inventor 2010 Professional the Size tab offers an input box to enter data - I'm assuming if the preset dimensions offered (which are not many) do not satisfy your design intent, this box was intended to allow the user to input their desired diameter, height, and angle. However, the input box is dead. It does not allow any input whatsoever. Any fix for this?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: CDM369

What punch ide file. I think more information is needed. Can you attach the files here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
CDM369

I added a jpg to view
Message 4 of 8
JDMather

When I click on that picture nothing happens (not that I expected a picture would be active). Can you attach Inventor files here?

I guess we can play a game of 20 questions.

Q1. Who created the punch?

Q2. Was the parameter you want to edit added to the Size Parameters so that it can in fact be edited?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

Q3. Where are you clicking to change value?

There are multiple parameters that can be changed in your image and one prompt that might be more descriptive. It is up to the punch creator to come up with a prompt that tells the user what to do.

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

Q4. Are you saying this behavior does not work with your punch tool?

Message 7 of 8
CDM369

Here's the file. I'm using the sheet metal punch tool prompt. It only offers certain sizes. How do I edit that?
Message 8 of 8
JDMather

>It only offers certain sizes.

That is what the designer intended - limit to certain available sizes selected from a list.
The person who designs the punch can allow any Limit value by specify None for limit.
The person who designs the punch can allow any Limit value within a Range of limits.

>How do I edit that?

You design a new punch tool to suit your design intent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report