Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing ipart to Tube and Pipe - exporting iproperties?

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Infoseeker
815 Views, 14 Replies

Publishing ipart to Tube and Pipe - exporting iproperties?

I am trying to publish an ipart with different pipe profile diameters to T&P.

The problem I have is, I want for each profile in the ipart table have corresponding custom iproperty value assigned to it.

E.g.

When the ipart is published and I use it in an assembly: 

I want to pick lets say 2" diameter of added profile, have T&P create the part and then I want my custom iproperty for this part to be 001.

If I pick 3" diameter I want the custom iproperty be 002.

Played around with authoring and publishing but so far no luck.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pcrawley
in reply to: Infoseeker

You might need to be a bit more specific about what you are trying to achieve. From your description it looks like you are creating item numbers. Generally, if you want to add a custom iProperty to an iPart, you add it in the "Other" tab of the iPart table editor. So every row of the table can have a different custom property.
Peter
Message 3 of 15
Infoseeker
in reply to: pcrawley

I tried to describe it as straight forward as possible.

Our part template has a custom iproperty added, lets say its "MANUFACTURER".

Every part we create has this iproperty - when we create parts lists, one of the columns in the parts lists is "MANUFACTURER".

Now, I create an ipart with lets say different PVC pipe profiles: 2", 2 1/2" and 3".

2" pipe is purchased from a manufacturer A.

2 1/2" from B,

3" from C.

I can add this info to my ipart creating custom column ("MANUFACTURER") in my ipart table.

When i publish the ipart to T&P, and then create a pipe using added info, I get 3 options to choose from, 2", 2 1/2", 3".

When I create a pipe using 2" profile, and I open this part, I want it to have an iproperty "MANUFACTURER". I also want this iproperty to have a value of A.

When i pick an option of 2 1/2" and open created part I want it to have "MANUFACTURER" iproperty to have a value of B.

And so on...

I can transfer this value when I create an ipart with one option in the table but not with more than one...

Message 4 of 15
Infoseeker

Anyone?

Message 5 of 15
Infoseeker

Probably I should be able to accomplish this with a simple ilogic code (which I will experiment with) but I hoped for a simple solution within "traditional" Inventor...

I am surprised it can't be done.

Message 6 of 15
pcrawley

No such word as "can't" with Inventor. If you use it, it just means you haven't tried hard enough 😉 I'm not infront of Inventor, so I'm doing this from memory: When you are editing the iPart, the last tab of the tab of iPart table table editor is called "Other". You can add your own property names in here and they appear as new columns in the table. Now you can add your own values to each member of the iPart. And not a line of iLogic code anywhere. Peter
Peter
Message 7 of 15
Infoseeker

Lol, you sound very optimistic about sky being the limit for Inventor ;).

I will check it out on Monday.

Before I added new column to the ipart table, entered different value for each ipart option in the table, the problem is to export these values when publishing the part to T&P and have different iproperty value appear when you populate a particular option of the ipart.

Message 8 of 15
pcrawley

Re the publishing - I think you have to make the new column a "Key" by right-clicking the column name.  When publishing, it then prompts you to include "key" columns.

Peter
Message 9 of 15
Infoseeker

Well...

Went thru your post again and this is excacly what I did last time.

Maybe I am doing soemthing wrong but when i use published profile, create new part with it, it does not have custom iproperties, eventhou they were in the ipart table.

Maybe it has something to do with attached pop up message... 

Message 10 of 15
Infoseeker

So...

Back to ilogic?

Message 11 of 15
Infoseeker

Bump.

Message 12 of 15
pcrawley

Scarcasm usually just gets peoples backs up.  Try and remember that contributions here are done out of kindness...

Add the custom property to your pipe part.

Add the custom property using the "Properties" tab of the iPart editor:

ipart-editor.jpg

Author it. 

Publish. 

Insert and you'll get the data you need.

Peter
Message 13 of 15
Infoseeker

I did not mean to offend you, sorry if it came across this way.

I tried described by you routine before but most likely I missed small step and it would not work for me.

Next few days I should have bit more time as we almost done with a current project and will have more time to explore the issue.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 15
Infoseeker

I will have to play around a bit in order to get exactly what I need but it works.

Thanks!

Message 15 of 15
pcrawley

No problem.

See - I told you the sky is the limit 😉

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report