Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propigate Break to parent view

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kevinmi
658 Views, 8 Replies

Propigate Break to parent view

How do you turn off the default check for "Propigate to parent view" when creating a breal in a drawing view. I have never had the need to use this option yet it is checked by defalt.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: kevinmi

Kevin,

The fact that no one has responded to this tells me a few things.  Either there is no answer, it can't be done or it takes iLogic to facilitate this.  I know my setting is defaulted to being checked.  After numerous google searches and combing the applications options I came up with nothing that seems to change this default setting.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
blair
in reply to: Cadmanto

I think this is really a "red herring". The sketch must propagate back to the base view in order for the Break to take place. If it didn't you wouldn't end up with a break but some sketch geometry on the base view.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 9
kevinmi
in reply to: blair

Either you don't understand what I am talking about or I do not
understand the meaning of "Red Herring". Try making a break in a
projected view with the "Propigate break to parent view" checked. Look
at the result in the parent view. Not the result anyone would want. Now
un do that and make the same break with the propagate box un checked.

My question is simple, How do I change the default to un checked?
Message 5 of 9
Cadmanto

If you are talking about the fact that when this is checked the break shows up in the parent view as well, the software is doing exactly what you asked it to do.  That is what that means when you check that box.  If you don't want those results then uncheck the box.  Seems to me like that would be the simple solution.

Unless there is more to your point.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 9
mrattray

Perhaps images of what you expect versus what you're getting would help?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 9
kevinmi
in reply to: Cadmanto

I understand that with the Propigate Break to parent view box checked
the base view will also be broken, hence "Propigate Break to parent
view".

I believe we are over thinking this. My question is real simple. How do
you change the default setting of the Propigate Break to parent view
check box from checked to un-checked?
Message 8 of 9
blair

I don't believe you can, this would then not be a break view. I think some programmer just used existing code for the box and hard coded the "Check" in the box.

Not all the code for Inventor is written at the same location. This section of code could have been written way back in one of the first releases and has never needed updating.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 9
Cadmanto

Ok, now that this is as clear as mud!! Smiley Very Happy

I would go back to my original posting on when I first responded to this same question.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report