Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected geometry in drawing sketch is not associate with the parent geometry

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
sahury61
1371 Views, 8 Replies

Projected geometry in drawing sketch is not associate with the parent geometry

I have made a sketch associated with a view, and projected some geometry to my sketch. the sketch is grounded and constrained.Problem is, when I update my assembly file my view will be updated as well but the sketch does not update itself,and the reseon is the projected geomtry has not updated. I am fairly new with inventor but have read alot regaring my question but could not find any answer.Please help me:(

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sahury61
in reply to: sahury61

to add to my previuos post, I am using inventor2013.

in attached files you can see my drawing befor and after updating the assembly file

Message 3 of 9
SBix26

Can you post the actual .idw (or .dwg) file?  Or at least post a screen shot of the view in Sketch edit mode with constraints shown so we can see the projected geometry and constriants.

Message 4 of 9
jletcher

With the new show sketch in IDW's I would put that sketch in the model not the IDW. IDW has always had an issue with IDW sketch not updating. This started after the show sketch was put in.

Message 5 of 9
SBix26
in reply to: jletcher

@Anonymous wrote:

IDW has always had an issue with IDW sketch not updating. This started after the show sketch was put in.

I've never had this problem that I can recall.  I wonder what specific circumstances lead to this happening?

Message 6 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: SBix26

Yeah does not happen all the time mostly on models with radius on the outside edges like his. Not sure why but started after IDW was made to show sketches. 

Message 7 of 9
sahury61

Thank you for your reply. I have attached some screen shots from my work.

I need to dimension different arc length on my rafter and also the cut bit at the tip of the rafter. As they are not actual edges, I have to project the geometry of the rafter and redraw some sketches on that and constraint it the projected geometry to be able to get my desired dimensions.

But as you see in the screen shot after I update my DIM ‘A’ in the assembly file, the view updates  perfectly but not the projected geometry. In the screen shot of the sketch after updating model  you see that the yellow lines of projected geometry which are not associate with the parent geometry.

If I am not clear again please let me know.

Many thanks,

Message 8 of 9
sahury61

please also see in attched file the sketch after updating the model.

Message 9 of 9
sahury61
in reply to: jletcher

Thank you James, I got it work with the sketch in the model. but as you said it happens with the projected geometry of on arc edges in IDW files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report