Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project local workspace setup question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
440 Views, 4 Replies

Project local workspace setup question

I found a note stating:

• Workspace

We do not recommend that you have a Workspace on a network location. Perform all work on files on your local drive, and when finished, copy the files back to the network.

Is there a way to open the drawing from the network and have it work in the local location then when you close it automamtically refreshes back to the nework.

Or do I have to copy from the network to my local drive work on it then copy back, and if so should I have to project setups one for network location and one for local location.

Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like Vault might be able to help you with this.  Have you looked into Vault?

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Message 3 of 5
blair

Sounds like someone's post from working on a slow network. A fast stable network will not poise a problem. Or as posted, look at Vault if you have more than one person using Inventor and your files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cwhetten

I have not looked into vault yet but I will. As mentioned in another response my main issuse is my network is slow.

Regards,

Tom

Message 5 of 5
blair

Vault won't help the mater, in fact it adds additional overhead to your server.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report