Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Geometry

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
207 Views, 10 Replies

Project Geometry

How do I project geometry when creating a draft view. I can't seen to get the feature to project. Sure its something simple. Brian Locke Designer Mikros Manufacturing Inc.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Pick view first, then select sketch. "Brian A. Locke" wrote in message news:406c5844$1_3@newsprd01... > How do I project geometry when creating a draft view. I can't seen to get > the feature to project. Sure its something simple. > > Brian Locke > Designer > Mikros Manufacturing Inc. > >
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

and remember to RMB and choose DONE. -- Rui "MikeC" wrote in message news:406c58a7$1_2@newsprd01... > Pick view first, then select sketch. > > "Brian A. Locke" wrote in message > news:406c5844$1_3@newsprd01... > > How do I project geometry when creating a draft view. I can't seen to get > > the feature to project. Sure its something simple. > > > > Brian Locke > > Designer > > Mikros Manufacturing Inc. > > > > > >
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Yep, thanks for the assist. "Rui Vaz" wrote in message news:406c6963_2@newsprd01... > and remember to RMB and choose DONE. > > -- > Rui > > "MikeC" wrote in message > news:406c58a7$1_2@newsprd01... > > Pick view first, then select sketch. > > > > "Brian A. Locke" wrote in message > > news:406c5844$1_3@newsprd01... > > > How do I project geometry when creating a draft view. I can't seen to > get > > > the feature to project. Sure its something simple. > > > > > > Brian Locke > > > Designer > > > Mikros Manufacturing Inc. > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

and that some silhouette edges won't project at all. "Rui Vaz" wrote... > and remember to RMB and choose DONE. > > "MikeC" ... > > Pick view first, then select sketch.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

If I don't ask, I'll always wonder. Silhouette edge? "Jeff Howard" wrote in message news:406c6ab9_2@newsprd01... > and that some silhouette edges won't project at all. > > "Rui Vaz" wrote... > > and remember to RMB and choose DONE. > > > > "MikeC" ... > > > Pick view first, then select sketch. > >
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Like the spline rep of a hole (axial cross-section) drilled through a cylinder. Also the outer edge of a curvy swoopy splined part in ortho projections. QBZ "MikeC" wrote in message news:406c7863$1_2@newsprd01... > If I don't ask, I'll always wonder. Silhouette edge?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you "Quinn Zander" wrote in message news:406c7a0f_1@newsprd01... > Like the spline rep of a hole (axial cross-section) drilled through a > cylinder. > Also the outer edge of a curvy swoopy splined part in ortho projections. > > QBZ > > > > "MikeC" wrote in message > news:406c7863$1_2@newsprd01... > > If I don't ask, I'll always wonder. Silhouette edge? > >
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Workplanes not normal too...............just that you thought they were. -- Laurence, Power is nothing without Control --- "Jeff Howard" wrote in message news:406c6ab9_2@newsprd01... > and that some silhouette edges won't project at all. > > "Rui Vaz" wrote... > > and remember to RMB and choose DONE. > > > > "MikeC" ... > > > Pick view first, then select sketch. > >
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks, I knew you guys could help. Brian "MikeC" wrote in message news:406c7a61$1_1@newsprd01... > Thank you > > "Quinn Zander" wrote in message > news:406c7a0f_1@newsprd01... > > Like the spline rep of a hole (axial cross-section) drilled through a > > cylinder. > > Also the outer edge of a curvy swoopy splined part in ortho projections. > > > > QBZ > > > > > > > > "MikeC" wrote in message > > news:406c7863$1_2@newsprd01... > > > If I don't ask, I'll always wonder. Silhouette edge? > > > > > >
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

An edge that exists based on your viewing perspective - as your perspective changes so does the location of the edge. The best example is a sphere - technically a sphere has no "edges". "MikeC" wrote in message news:406c7863$1_2@newsprd01... > If I don't ask, I'll always wonder. Silhouette edge? > > "Jeff Howard" wrote in message > news:406c6ab9_2@newsprd01... > > and that some silhouette edges won't project at all. > > > > "Rui Vaz" wrote... > > > and remember to RMB and choose DONE. > > > > > > "MikeC" ... > > > > Pick view first, then select sketch. > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report