Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Design Suite 2015

209 REPLIES 209
Message 1 of 210
jdits7
9889 Views, 209 Replies

Product Design Suite 2015

Here are some of the details about Product Design Suite 2015.

http://inventortopix.blogspot.com/2014/03/product-design-suite-2015.html

jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
209 REPLIES 209
Message 181 of 210
WHolzwarth
in reply to: JamesLovell

Smiley SadI've tried all existing buttons. No luck.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 182 of 210
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: JamesLovell

Why yes they are. Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 183 of 210
kwilson_design
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

They are showing up in my PDSU 2015. However it seems this is download only. Is there going to be an option for us to have a physical version (USB)? I always have issues downloading from Autodesk either using their 3rd part downloader or using browser download. I received my physical copies of 2015 suites but I also need the Showcase, Alias, etc. We prefer physical copies.

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 184 of 210
jdm308
in reply to: kwilson_design

Yesterday I downloaded the "Autodesk Showcase English 2015 Win 64 - File Size: 9.65 MB", thinking it was a patch for a version of Showcase 2015 I have received earlier. It may in fact be a patch, but in my case it didn't work. So I uninstalled and deleted all file Showcase 2015 files, and downloaded "Autodesk Showcase English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Russian 2015 Win 64 - File Size: 3.56 GB". It installed and activated flawlessly.

Now I have the complete PDSU 2015 installed and running on two units with no apparent problems.

Though I do think it would have been better for Autodesk to delay the release of PDSU 2015, untill they had everything in one installation pack, it appears they have resolved the problem promptly.

Message 185 of 210
blair
in reply to: jdm308

Nothing showing up on my account yet.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 186 of 210
jessica.t
in reply to: blair

Hi @blair,

You could always download your suite from our Virtual Agent while you wait for the button to appear in the Subscription Center. Hopefully that helps!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 187 of 210
jessica.t

Hi @kwilson_design,

You can request physical media at anytime directly through your Subscription Center account. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 188 of 210
kwilson_design
in reply to: jessica.t

@jessica.t wrote:

Hi @kwilson_design,

You can request physical media at anytime directly through your Subscription Center account. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Jessica,

As I mentioned earlier , we have received physical copies of our 2015 Suites. I'm familiar with how to obtain it from the Subscription site since I do it annually as opposed to downloading. However the issue is that I can't request it for Alias or Showcase since it's tied to the Suite. Please see attached screen shot showing that I don't have an option to get Alias or Showcase individually yet i'm able to download them from within my PDSU Suite. We would prefer physical copies instead.

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 189 of 210
Ray_Feiler

You can add me to this request as well, although I already have my USB media i havn't taken a look to see if Alias Design and Showcase are in there.

Just checked and they are not there.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 190 of 210
jessica.t
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Hi @kwilson_design and @Ray_Feiler,

Apologies for the confusion on my part. If you are physically missing the button to allow you to request physical media in your Subscription Center account please contact our customer service team directly. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 191 of 210
ajcraig99

You would be supprised how well solid works imports native inventor files, I migrated at home and moved a 2000 part assembly into solidworks and only got 1 broken constraint. Smiley Happy

Message 192 of 210
luisantonio
in reply to: jdits7

So, I have been using Product Design Suite Ultimate for about three years now. The MAIN reasons I went for it; was because it included Alias Design, Skecthbook Designer, and Showcase. If we were given some freedom to pick and choose as other have suggested; it would keep everyone much happier. I know VRED is another killer option that could be included; but I am still not certain it is a straight replacement for Showcase. The Brilliant thing about Showcase that has already been mentioned in this thread; is that anyone can pick it up; and become resaonably proficient in a couple hours. Enough to be able pull off a tight deadline for a project.

I need and use Inventor; but I could not do without Alias in the Product Design Suite. It is not my fault that you sell a suite for designing "Consumer Products" to people who actually are more likely to make mechanical parts. They are two different things!

Granted I use Inventor to work with assemblies and make data ready to be passed off to manufacturing, etc. I need Sketchbook Designer as it easily works with vector data that can be easily re-used; or even import CAD data into it to Sketch over. Autocad? I enjoy being able to open a Autocad DWG file when someone sends one, and I do use Autocad on occasion; but it is hardly the reason I have the Ultimate Suite for Product Design. Mudbox was kind of a on the fence program for me; I just didn't really take the time to explore it enough; but I can see the use of creating true modelled textures as was pointed out in the thread as valuable.

These new programs seem like lite-weight beta's that are teasers for solid software you have removed. And none of the new products have any real connection to the products that were removed; (or removed, then reinstated, etc.)

I am finding it harder and harder to justify the Abusive subscription practices that Autodesk exercises; only to be faced with the possibility of losing out on the very Programs I depend on!

Message 193 of 210
scottmoyse
in reply to: luisantonio

Hey luis,

Welcome to the forums, sorry it had to be under these circumstances.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 194 of 210
jannaspicer
in reply to: luisantonio

@luisantonio wrote:

So, I have been using Product Design Suite Ultimate for about three years now. The MAIN reasons I went for it; was because it included Alias Design, Skecthbook Designer, and Showcase. If we were given some freedom to pick and choose as other have suggested; it would keep everyone much happier. I know VRED is another killer option that could be included; but I am still not certain it is a straight replacement for Showcase. The Brilliant thing about Showcase that has already been mentioned in this thread; is that anyone can pick it up; and become resaonably proficient in a couple hours. Enough to be able pull off a tight deadline for a project.

I need and use Inventor; but I could not do without Alias in the Product Design Suite. It is not my fault that you sell a suite for designing "Consumer Products" to people who actually are more likely to make mechanical parts. They are two different things!

Granted I use Inventor to work with assemblies and make data ready to be passed off to manufacturing, etc. I need Sketchbook Designer as it easily works with vector data that can be easily re-used; or even import CAD data into it to Sketch over. Autocad? I enjoy being able to open a Autocad DWG file when someone sends one, and I do use Autocad on occasion; but it is hardly the reason I have the Ultimate Suite for Product Design. Mudbox was kind of a on the fence program for me; I just didn't really take the time to explore it enough; but I can see the use of creating true modelled textures as was pointed out in the thread as valuable.

These new programs seem like lite-weight beta's that are teasers for solid software you have removed. And none of the new products have any real connection to the products that were removed; (or removed, then reinstated, etc.)

I am finding it harder and harder to justify the Abusive subscription practices that Autodesk exercises; only to be faced with the possibility of losing out on the very Programs I depend on!

Hi Luis,

Thanks for taking time to post your thoughts.  We've heard similar concerns from other customers, and that's why Autodesk has added Showcase and Alias Design back to Product Design Suite. Unfortunately with Sketchbook Designer, that product has been discontinued and is no longer available to include. But the bottom line here that unhappy customers don't come back - and we definitely want you to keep coming back.

So, if you could create your own suite, what products would you choose - and why?

Thanks,

Janna 

Message 195 of 210
LT.Rusty
in reply to: jannaspicer

Janna -

Obviously I'm not Luis, but I've definitely got some ideas about my ideal suite.

1.  Inventor Professional - have to be able to design stuff and do simulations

2.  HSM (not pro, just regular, but with the potential to upgrade to pro) - need to be able to make prototypes / tooling

3.  Showcase - visualize the prototypes before cutting them

4.  Simulation Mechanical - for the simulations that Inventor can't do, i.e., buckling, impact, non-linear materials

I have absolutely zero use for AutoCAD or any verticals (except occasionally AutoCAD P&ID, but even that's pretty useless because I can't send the Inventor piping stuff over to it).

I don't have the time to learn how to use Max, so that's spent money that I'm not using.

I don't have a tremendous need for the capabilities of Alias, either, but it's nice to have on occasion.

I have absolutely zero use for Navisworks or any verticals.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 196 of 210
kstate92
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Add another subscription level that would allow the user to install any / all programs offered by Autodesk for a trial period (30 days might be pushing it - but two weeks at the very least).

At the end of the trial, the user can uninstall, add the program to their sub (on a pro-rated basis per their renewal date), or purchase access more along the lines of UBB (Use-Based Billing).  This would allow continued access to a rarely-used program at a TCO far lower than a standard subscription.

Creating packages or suites have to be based on assumptions, but will assuredly screw over a chunk of customers - especially when you re-shuffle the deck without much warning as seen in this debacle.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 197 of 210
jletcher
in reply to: kstate92

Don't worry in two years it will be like the old Pro-E. You buy the base Inventor then add modules you want..

But also look out for the full cloud base only software.. I know this is where they are headed they believe this will help stop people from stealing it..

Message 198 of 210
blair
in reply to: jletcher

The new Adobe "Creative Cloud" pricing is like that. I now have access to all the Adobe software, not just the suite software. The licensing is basically stored on their "Cloud", I have full use from any computer as long as I have it only opened on one computer at a time. Even better is the "Screen Customization Sync". Any changes to the screen layout and menu bars are then "sync'd" with my other machines when I log in and open the program. Software is still installed on each machine but it does a license check that the software isn't open on another machine or I am exceeding my user license for open version of the same program.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 199 of 210
kstate92
in reply to: blair

Trouble is, fools are still allowed to rent backhoes.

And that's when it's not self-inflicted: Adobe blames 'maintenance failure' for 27-hour outage

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 200 of 210
blair
in reply to: kstate92

Probably why I don't use the Autodesk 360 products. Inventor and Sim-Mech account for most of my work time.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report