Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with "derived" (parametric) process - Sheet Metal

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
aaron
235 Views, 0 Replies

Problems with "derived" (parametric) process - Sheet Metal

For years I have been using the derived feature for parametric modeling & parts production for our projects. It wasnt until recently I was guided into figuring out how to use 3d sketch and plot rivet holes up our curved panels and I have just come into a problem. For all of my base drawings I used the quilt feature for thickening sheet metal panels off of the derived model. However if I drew the rivet holes I mentioned prior on my base model then the quilt feature doesnt work as it thickens the rivet hole as well. So I went back and did a test of thickening each plane and filet by "face" and that works well for not letting the rivet hole thicken, however the "thicken face" feature does not do well on the parametric side of things like the quilt feature does. I have tried several angles and can not figure it out. 

I have to draw the rivet holes on my base model since that is my design platform and this part of my process is strictly for developing parts, so drawing the holes on the inidivudal panels will not work. 

I have attached two files to help explain. Any help would be appreciated. I am using inventor 2011. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report