Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with project characteristics from one party to another

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
almaca71
258 Views, 5 Replies

Problems with project characteristics from one party to another

Imagen 1.jpgImagen 2.jpgI have two pieces, Part1 and Part2 in an assembly and want to make holes in Part2 Part1, but by clicking Part1 Part2 immediately disappears and then blind and I'm groping to project touches the holes.
Maybe it is a configuration problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: almaca71

In the real world are the holes created at the part level or after assembly?

Several ways to do this.

1. Use Bolted Connection Generator to create holes in both parts at once.

2. Create at assembly level and then use the feature migrator add-in to move to part level (if that is where they should be).

3. Create in one part and then Project Geometry locations into second part.

4. Do as multi-body solids and push out the parts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: almaca71

Why don't you call up part 1, add the holes, then in your assembly edit part 2 and select the holes from part 1 using the "Reference Geometry" command once you are in sketch mode to add the holes into part2.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: Cadmanto

I'm pretty sure that's what he is doing but part 1 is no longer visible when editing part 2. It's a video problem when in wireframe. Probably video card dependent. I haven't found a solution, so I just use shaded.

PDSU 2016
Message 5 of 6
cwhetten
in reply to: rdyson

It's not a video problem.  It's working the way it was designed to work, and always has worked.  When editing a part in place, all parts except the one being edited are turned transparent, and their edges are no longer shown.  So, if you are viewing in a visual style that shows only edges (wireframe style), you will see nothing--i.e. no edges = invisible.

As rdyson mentioned, you can switch your visual style to a shaded type.  But, if you need to continue working in wireframe, there is an option to make it so it doesn't make your other parts disappear--View tab > Appearance panel drop-down > turn Transparency Off (see the image below, also attached if it is too small to read).

Component Transparency.png

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Message 6 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: cwhetten

I'm 99.9% sure it has not ALWAYS worked this way. I remember noticing the behavior 3 or 4 releases ago. I don't think I would have NOTICED it if it hadn't changed. That's the reason I assumed a video problem.
Been wrong before though.

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report