Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with chain links.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Donjus
526 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with chain links.

I'm working on a project with a handle on the side made of a loop and a ring but I can't figure out how to get them to connect like actual chain links. The attached picture shows the ring to the right and the loop to the left that it needs to be fed through. I've tried everything I can think of and searching the internet hasn't had any success so I figured I should make a post and see if anyone could point me in the right direction. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Donjus

Add assembly constraints.
tangent might be a good one

other ways if tangent not useful

attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Donjus
in reply to: JDMather

I've tried doing a tangent constraint but the problem I'm having with that is it keeps sticking to the outside of the loop rather than the inside and when I try to move it around it clips through everything else in the model.

Message 4 of 5
Donjus

I decided to just forgo any constraints and move it in from the front and side views so it looks like they're linked together. I'd rather have them constrained like a real chain link but they're on a stationary part so I don't have to worry about them coming undone when things move so I suppose I can just leave them the way they are. If I do end up finding a way or it's posted on here then I'll go back and constrain them but for now it works just fine. Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5
rhasell

Try using work points, contrain them together, use any other contraintes to get the desired result.

Attched is an example for rigging equipment. The work points are shown in red

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report